Population of PoE

What I've been wondering about is how many people are currently playing the game? I mean, a year ago, I can only assume there were very few players, but now with the beta timer thing, there HAS to be a rush of new players, right? If any beta testers can answer my question with an estimate, or a developer who has the numbers can inform, I'd love to hear.
and i am wondering in compare to that number how many active accounts the website has....are there at least 33% playing the beta ?
"
MORGOD wrote:
and i am wondering in compare to that number how many active accounts the website has....are there at least 33% playing the beta ?

gratz on the key btw, now to forum whore until I get lucky enough
288 players are online now.
"
Saeraph wrote:

That's for right now, but is that how it is normally? Is 200-300 the average so far? Or has there been highs and lows?

288, thats funny

288 is the numberof invites going out each day apparently
Last edited by Blunthex on Nov 23, 2011, 4:53:03 AM
To put things in a little perspective, PoE wasn't even in Beta a year ago (not sure about the Alpha; IIRC, it started early this year). Closed Beta began on August 10, so, it's only been going on for about 3 1/2 months. GGG has been ramping up the invites slowly according to the need for feedback and the capacity of their servers. The fact that the Beta Timer is now at 5 minute intervals, instead of 25 minutes, is a good sign that things are moving along well in the Beta. The earliest projection for a possible open Beta is February of next year, but GGG isn't ready to set a firm target date, at this time. Still, from Closed Beta to open, looks like we could be better than halfway there. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Rift wrote:
"
Saeraph wrote:

That's for right now, but is that how it is normally? Is 200-300 the average so far? Or has there been highs and lows?

I'm not sure how much we can divulge without GGG getting angry.

I will just say that online players was very low just before the launch of 0.9.3, with a sudden and unsurprising surge just after it launched.
I estimate tens of thousands. I came up with a number, 20,000 (which seems realistic to me though i may be very wrong) so if that's the truth and based on the current beta timer it will take 62 days for everyone to have a key.

Again this is just a random number I came up with but seems plausible to me. And a lot of keys have already been given out so I bet in a month or two everyone will be in beta or the open beta would have begun anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info