Is mjolner nerf going to be global or legacy, your thoughts?

Sinc I havea mjolner, I'm obviously hoping for it to become legacy, further increasing its awesomeness. Who doesn't want the legacy hammer of the thunder God thor. Avengers age of ultra was just a sales tactic by someone out there with s lot of mjolners trying to up mjolner value. All a scam. That's my take, yours?
It wont be legacy and in your place i would be worrying about new enlighten instead of that hammer because mjolner becoming legacy doesnt look that bad if you compare it with enlighten lvl 4 becoming mainstream and 50+ ex worth
That mod is used only on Myolner and it probably won't ever be used again on some other unique, so I believe they are able the change global. Depends on what they want to do to it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Should I just trade it for the Windripper right now? or nerfed version will still be better than ripper.
No idea what the price would be after nerf but I don't expect it will drop abysmally, the build will still be possible, just 30% or something weaker if you account for attack speed increase that Gavel is getting.

When they nerf something like ES on Shav, damage on Soul Taker or life on BoR, that's modifying a common mod, they aren't changing the mod itself just the associated value and there's no way to do it globally. However, if the mod is truly unique it's possible to change it without affecting other items like what they did with Voll's Protector.

"
Should I just trade it for the Windripper right now? or nerfed version will still be better than ripper.

Windripper is an awsome item and right now it looks like bows will be stronger than ever in the beta. If I were you I would trade mjölner for windripper no question but mainly because I'm 101% sure that there will be no legacy mjölner ever. With the base item speed change it would be to retarded to create a legacy version because that would be the most OP item in game by a huge margin.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
The price could rise, the price could also fall. Keeping something that seems rare and precious does not necessarily make one rich in the long run.
In my opinion, based on GGG developer interviews, they specifically prefer not to create legacy items. The only reason legacy items exist is because they considered one-off scripts which crawled over every player's inventories and adjusted existing items to be prohibitively costly. Thus, I am very confident there will not be a legacy Mjolner, and I say this as someone who owns a Mjolner, and would personally prefer if it did go legacy.

Now, I could very well be wrong, and GGG could have recently decided that they enjoy the culture that surrounds legacy gear in standard. I'm sure they don't hate it, as well as I'm sure they don't love it. I confidently bet against Mjolner going legacy, by not investing in them. Everyone who is buying them up now, thinking they will take advantage of higher prices after 2.0 goes live is in for a rude awakening, and they haven't been paying attention to what the devs have said in interviews.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on May 16, 2015, 8:43:58 AM
I see it like this:

They're probably working on engine tech that will let them update uniques without making legacies. Possibly even retroactively (oh god the pitchforks!).

So if they're working on this and it has any reasonable chance of seeing the light of day, they're probably going to just make a legacy Mjolner with the understanding that they'll give it a proper fix when the legacy update tech is greenlit.

Otherwise, they could make a messy hack to update all Mjolners: Unlink any connections to the numeric value of the property, then hard-wire the given property to proc less often with the %chance to proc as a part of the description. Really messy but it would work.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Otherwise, they could make a messy hack to update all Mjolners: Unlink any connections to the numeric value of the property, then hard-wire the given property to proc less often with the %chance to proc as a part of the description. Really messy but it would work.

As I understand it, that shouldn't be messy at all. Let's say that Myolner has a mod #12345 which does something, there should be no problem making the mod do something else, it doesn't change the item. And no other item has that mod so they can do whatever they want with it.

If it was a common mod with one variable they wouldn't be able to change the mod to a fixed value without affecting other items that have it. Also, they couldn't change the variable or swap the mod with a mod #54321 because both of those would require modifying the item.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info