Community Survey: Divination Card

"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
"
Do we know whether you want it for mid, late or end game? Because i think it kind of matters and will narrow down answers/suggestions.

Would be for end-game Dirk. On a side note, hope you're keeping well and happy!(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)

Well, if its for endgame, make it about maps or maybe make it for a gem? Hard to say, not sure how the card thing really works but it sounds interesting, so maps or gems. Put up some examples of what you would come up with, maybe i can throw in more ideas. On a side note, keeping it together one day at a time, thx for asking.
A deck called Queen of the Vaal/Atziri's Hand/Sacrificial Fate that upon completion grants you all fragments and a chance at normal Atziri. This opens up another option rather than farming for corrupted zones! Art could be a close up of Atziri's Mirror hovering above her hand with the Apex of Sacrifice portal effect in the reflection all creepy with smoke!

Good luck on putting together your own very cool piece of PoE for all to enjoy! x3
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.
Last edited by Toksic on May 14, 2015, 12:27:51 PM
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
Awhile back I got myself the Highgate Supporter Pack and wanted to do a BLÔW Divination Card project but didn't obtained sufficient interest to collaborate.

Therefore will be submitting my Divination Card individually but wanted to hear what the majority player base community feels would be the right bounty on the card interesting to keep hunting, collect, trade and exchange for. Some example of my thoughts to start off:

- Stacks of 300 Orb of Fusings
- Stacks of 5 Eternal Orbs
- Stacks of 50 Orb of Regrets

Be nice to hear your suggestion, will consider for submission. Wishing you a happy lewt hunting all time! Cheers (^∇^)

10,000 hours played, no afking, all killing beasties.

Over 200 exalted orbs picked up off the ground.

Thousands upon thousands of fuses picked up.

A few thousand regrets picked up.

4, four, FOUR Eternal orbs picked up. 3 of which dropped quite close together, I was lucky. Not seen one for well over 2,000 hours.

A stack of 5 eternals would be pitched so rare, you have no idea.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 14, 2015, 12:45:25 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll state again that the best cards are going to be the ones for rares with a promised mod that people seek. It's kind of circumventing the alt/regal crafting but for a fixed base. We often have those "I wish these boots had movement speed" or "I wish this shield had some physical damage."

Master Crafting did a lot towards fixing this. Look for holes in that process and fill them with the cards.

Pretty sure we all know what your opinion is by now.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Your "mirror shard" card is likely to leave you disappointed. They're not going to hand these out like candy. Most players will likely never see one, much less collect 10 of them. What they would become is something that you could trade in to some player for roughly one tenth the value of a mirror... maybe a twentieth. So you have to think... how often would GGG let something of that value drop?

Barely ever.

I think you'll be much happier if your card is actually used by the players, rather than just traded as a commodity. If you want it to be really useful, pick a ring/amulet/belt mod that you think many people would want. I'd go with an iron ring with top physical damage in addition to it's inherent ... since I'm playing a facebreaker currently and a ring like that would be really nice.

According to your profile, you're a hardcore player. Indeed in HC league an item such as a "mirror shard" would have no use.
For me (a standard league player), a mirror shard may be the only item worth farming for.
Last edited by alxuser890 on May 14, 2015, 1:29:51 PM
Continuing the idea of maps & fragments...

What about a corrupted map with pre-rolled double boss (+other random stats, can be magic or rare), map is randomly selected from:

- Library
- Bazaar
- Courtyard

(basically the maps with 3 bosses).

Good for mf farming.
Good for sacrifice farming.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
I like the pre-rolled maps idea. A card for off-colored links / certain color combos would be nice as well.
Fuck the lab
Will GGG release stats on whats being turned into cards the most? Like whether how many made some for uniques or gems or maps and so on? Would probably help for people who want to make something thats not been done already, or get some totally new idea.
It's a shame it's not possible to stipulate the drop location, it immediately rules out thematic options such as Queen of the Forest cards from Dread Thicket, Divine Orb from Solaris and so on.

As for the rarity of the item to go for, if you go for a Tier 1 or 2 rarity item then IMO it's still gonna be almost not worth targeted farming versus just going to your favourite spot for earning wealth and then hitting the market. I think my favourite suggestion would be something to help gear up when hitting merciless. What about a rare resist ring of about level 60-65? A prismatic if it's allowed, or failing that a random two-stone. I would have suggested The Ship Graveyard as a location since the theme could be hunting for pirate treasure. I'd be tempted to use this to get res capped on hardcore, and I think self found players would love it too.

By the way, will it be necessary to collect a complete numbered set? IIRC the examples had sequence numbers on them. If we have to get a set of 12 with no duplicates we'll need like 40 of the cards to make a set!
"
Toksic wrote:
A deck called Queen of the Vaal/Atziri's Hand/Sacrificial Fate that upon completion grants you all fragments and a chance at normal Atziri. This opens up another option rather than farming for corrupted zones!

While I really like this, it's not possible unless I purchased 4x Highgate Supporter Packs as each Highgate Supporter Pack only grants you the creation of 1 card and not a deck.

Or otherwise, it could only be "Random Fragment Piece of Apex Sacrifice" in that 1 card, and up to RNG's mercy for the exchange. Gulp!☆o(><;)○
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael