Community Survey: Divination Card

You won't be the one to decide where it is dropped, which is the main issue here. :-(

I'd suggest to use the card's name and flavour text in order to push it into the right area (for example "Kaom's nightmare" or "Daresso's supremacy"), and to take a type and amount of currency that you feel would be adapted to merciless.

Basically, build your card so that it would naturally go to the right place.
I don't think currency is an interesting reward, because almost certainly the rarity of the card will be in direct proportion to the rarity of the currency. In other words, you might as well just be dropping the currency, and the card itself would just be superfluous.

UNLESS it's a mirror. There's a reasonable expectation that you will find every single orb out there, if you play long enough. There is NOT a reasonable expectation that you'll ever find a mirror.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Why are people going for stacks of currency,it just seems meaningless when you can already get stacks of currency.Should be for singular items to make sense otherwise it's just a stack for a stack like it's is another currency an extra process for no reason.
Is it confirmed that the card will ONLY drop in a single zone?

I though that a single zone will have a higher chance to drop you a card but overall will be droppable with worse rates in all/most other zones.

If you got for stacks of low orbs It should be more than a measly 20 alts.
If its one of the alt derivatives, 64 jewellers sounds like a nice value that can be used with vorici to get 20 fusings.

It can be multiple's of that as well if you want it to be more meaningful when finally traded in.

Have you considered having it drop your armour? It's at the very least a very good looking skin that is also pretty rare right now.

If its a map drop I assume you'd only be able to farm it in maps.

A 6S that item card would be pretty cool if possible although there is vorici for that already even if his rate is a pretty rip off one so I guess the rarity would be balanced around that.

Also keep in mind that if the card is for 1 eternal and ends up with 10 pieces then Im pretty certain that each piece will be individually rare than 1/10th of an eternal because if it is then ggg is basicallly near doubling the drop rates of eternals.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I would go for a card that can be swapped for maps. maybe 5 random 75+ maps or something along those lines
I would really love a way to get eternal orbs.

My suggestion would be for the stack of card to only grant 1 eternal orb and require perhaps 10 cards a stack. This way you can essentially make eternal orbs cards 10(or even more) times more common than an eternal orb itself, thereby making it a fair bit easier to actually get it dropping, and also making it targetable in the process.
If anyone thinks that they'll be able to make rare items plentiful by designing a card, they're mistaken.

What you should use your card to do is create something "unlikely" while not really rare. Rare boots with run speed. Rings with leach. Stuff that people will likely use, but isn't so rare as to make the card worthless to farm for.

Your stack of 5 Eternals would simply create a card that would trade for exalts. They would essentially create a "jackpot" for someone who would find one and trade it to a collector. Meh.

If I wanted to go the currency route, I'd pick on a currency that gets used... like 30 chance orbs or your regrets. I still think that collecting sets of these cards is going to be something for traders to do, and for the rest of us they'll be just another way of dropping "gold".
If the drop rate is the same like eternal than for me the cards are not interesting, so you can do rewards what you want...
I play since open beta and never a eternal dropped for me (and i played over 5000 hours), so a card don't drop for me too...
So why i should think about what a good reward is for the cards...
I want to see the cards to have some kind of flavor synergy with the zones they're dropped in, like Queen of the Forest cards dropping in Spider Forest maps/Act 2 zones.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
I would really love a way to get eternal orbs.

My suggestion would be for the stack of card to only grant 1 eternal orb and require perhaps 10 cards a stack. This way you can essentially make eternal orbs cards 10(or even more) times more common than an eternal orb itself, thereby making it a fair bit easier to actually get it dropping, and also making it targetable in the process.

considering the eternal drop rate, even 10 times wont be noticeable.
By the way I really doubt that GGG will divide the drop rate by 10 for each card assuming you need 10 of them... Basically it would mean that eternal drop rate is double ( yes because when you farm for eternal cards, you have still a chance to drop directly an eternal ).
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 13, 2015, 9:31:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info