Ron Paul 2012

"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Excellent rebuttal, sir.

lmao. It was sooo in depth. I imagine it will sway many opinions.

I was under the impression that..
"
koldphlame wrote:
This thread is for the people who will be voting for Ron Paul in 2012 or people who are curious about him. :)

I'm pretty sure mdavis supplied some useful information for any who are curious about RP. I didnt know the term 'troll' was designated for those who actually do stay on topic and offer their own useful opinion.

+1... Cookie. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I don't think I can vote for anyone that doesn't accept evolution and climate change.

better than the other sock puppets |b
I'll start by saying it doesn't really matter that much who gets elected because today's presidents are bought rather than elected. And as seen with Obama, they don't have enough power to make any significant change no matter how good of intentions they have.

That being said I disagree with pretty much everything Ron Paul stands for with exception of his stance on Federal Reserve Board.
I don't care either way, but I was sent this, so I'm passing it on because I think that people who do care should be informed:

http://www.littleredumbrella.com/2012/01/lets-be-clear-ron-paul-fucking-sucks.html

take note, I'm passing this with little review of the references... of which I'm sure they are somewhat taken out of context. However, I feel the message should be clear... he's a terrible choice too.

Of note, please visit this link:

http://blog.cgpgrey.com/the-problems-with-first-past-the-post-voting-explained/

Now while our current system isn't exactly a straight vote like that, it works out the same way. We have no candidates that will do what this country needs to do in order to move towards a more sane and rational approach to governance and prosperity.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
He's a pretend republican and its amazing
When speaking of politicians, you may as well drop the "liar" tag, because lying/half-truths are the hallmark of politics across the board (i.e. tell them what they want to hear to get elected). In other words, lying is implied.

That said, I absolutely agree with Letamol's statement of presidents having no real power (or at least, not as much as we think they do). It's the organizations and individuals with the most money/influence that have the power. The president can sign and push through a million policies if he wants, and they won't mean squat if they get voted down by the US's checks and balances system (which, sadly, are in the pockets of the aforementioned 1%-ers).

As for the topic at hand, I don't care for ANY current candidate. Ron Paul has some things I agree with, some I do not. Same with Obama, or anyone that steps up to the presidential plate. I will not be voting this election, because I feel at this point, no matter whom I cast the ballot for will ultimately make me feel like I wasted my vote. Why? See my first two paragraphs above this one.

Long gone are the FDRs, Trumans, and JFKs that can lead the US people through hardship and progressive change. The current office of president is purely one of a figurehead, nothing more.

My prediction this election: 4 more years . . .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info