RF can be sustained, but upon any cast, my Health instantly drops to around low life level.

This is the first time I find myself really loving this implementation of character visibility on the forums. Being able to inspect someone's tree and gear to call them out on being horribly wrong.
I've never been in my hideout testing this. As I said, I've been in maps or merciless areas.

I'm not arguing that I should be sustaining it all the time. There is an inconsistency problem. And desync can't be the problem as desync is not this consistent.

When I first start RF in merc, my resists are not capped. But after I hit low life they are capped (expected). But the problem is after some regen I am no longer on low life and shouldn't be capped anymore. But I remain capped for the duration until a cast is executed or I get hit by a mob.

This is a bug, there is no way this is desync (unless you're telling me there is a special type of desync that is separate from "normal" desync). I can walk around and open doors while being capped with my resists when I shouldn't be.

I'm going to post a sequence of images showing this.

Anyone willing to get on and see for themselves inside a merciless area. Be my guest.

--- Edit ---

How can I be in constant desync but still be able to complete many actions and kill mobs but not lose my low life regen bonus because "i'm not synced". Something is definitely wrong with this behavior.
For instance, while in this bogus state, If I kill things without being hit [thus still in bogus state] I get xp. How can I be out of sync like this? I'm not trying to argue with you guys that somehow I'm out of sync, but rather: I don't believe this a normal desync something different.

Here is the character in merc showing the stats, with no degen (in the bogus state with 87% when I should have 67%)

67 % with everything on except RF.

Don't you guys agree that I should be at full health with 87% fire resist? It should be 67.
Last edited by aitee on May 12, 2015, 12:29:12 AM
By the way HikaruYami, what character visibility are you talking about. I've never seen/been able to find this feature.
It's very easy for it to reliably and consistently desync if the client is not coded to correctly handle the situation, which is what others are trying to tell you is happening. Everyone has said that the client does not handle the transition from low life to non-low life properly, triggering a desync between what the server says is happening and what the client shows is happening.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 12, 2015, 2:10:14 AM
Thanks for being clear, all* the others didn't fully read the post.
ya you can look at someones gear and tree now by clicking on the forum name of the person..
as long as they do not have a hidden profile.

its a neat feature and im pretty sure its a fairly new option that you can do this.

do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Thanks GDSLICK, great tip.
it's probably how the game mechanics work.
after zoning in or smth, (item based?)stats are not refreshed until you perform an action, any action.
I'm having the same bug, but only two times so far. LAst time in a bazaar map, the time before also in a map around lvl 75.
I didn't find any concictency right now, but for me it also occurs in a little different way. I dont have to cast anything, i just have to be in aura range (i think it is maybe aura range) of a mob OR another player to drop instantly to around 2,4k health.

That has nothing to do with resists or regen or whatever. I ran 78 maps, i can run maps with ele weakness or vulnerability. Yes, then i drop slowly, but its ok.
So i know what it looks when either fire res or regen arent high enough, and thats not it.

As the op said, i drop instantly, then i regain the life.

Fact is, i cant run a map, when this happens and its really annoying. So if anyone has an idea, what can cause this bug or even better, how to solve the problem, let us know...

Cheers, Dj
Does it happen on eleweakness/vuln maps only or in "normal" maps too?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info