RF can be sustained, but upon any cast, my Health instantly drops to around low life level.

Bug reference number 232,471,033

This seems to happen anywhere > merciless difficulty (including maps with no mods).

I'm not sure how useful screenshots would be, I can provide any on request.

My RF character is AITEEMX, hopefully we can figure something out as this character is completely unplayable.

-- Thanks

aitee
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Your fire resists are too low. When you reach low life, your shield gives you more and then you can sustain it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
What mark said. Righteous Fire is very intensive to run. You need to raise your max fire res near the limit and have a lot of life regeneration. If you suddenly become stable at low life it's because you have gear abilities which give regen and/or resists at low life.
But the thing is, I can sustain it at full health. Its only when i start casting that it drops instantly. Like not just fast (as if I lost resists). It drops instantly like vaal pact instant.

My fire resist is 87% (92%)
My life regen is 892.4
Total life is 5,805

RF is 90% life per second damage
5805*.9 = 5224.5
I only take 13 percent (100-87%), 5224.5*0.13 = 679.185 which is less than my regen (892.4)

I've had this build in a previous league. It could sustain it before, it can now. But whenever i cast anything it drops instantaneously like I said. Incinerate causes this as well as lightning warp (those are the two I've tested so far. (just tested flammability -- even this spell causes this).

I had another user look at it (partied) also discussion with Global chat.
Last edited by aitee on May 11, 2015, 12:29:44 AM
Since the respec, Things have changed on my passive tree, so this could contribute to it not having quite the same regen as prior. But either way: I shouldn't be able to sustain it at all at full health, or a should. The casting of spells like flammability shouldn't change this.

Either way I see inconsistent behavior.
=== Reserved for more observations ====

- This behavior doesn't occur in normal, cruel areas, or my hideout when triggering behavior via should be innocuous cast.

- This behavior occurs in merciless or maps.

- When turning RF on, I lose health till low life, then gain it back slowly to full life, at which point it is sustained from there on out (until I cast anything [merc]).

- When sustaining RF, using my topaz flask it drops me down to low life.

- When using ruby flasks it causes increased regen, but then after the effect wears off it degens to low life again.

- It appears that only when I "naturally" let it regen from low life to full health does it sustain the RF. (use of life or ruby flasks just ends up degening after the effect-- just to regen naturally to full health with sustaining RF at that point).

- Being hit by any mob in merciless causes my health to instantly jump to low life (i.e. the coast merc a level 52 area [I'm level 74])

To be continued.
"
aitee wrote:
Since the respec

What respec? If you have this character in beta then you're in the wrong part of the forums.
No not in beta, the last respec before beta even started. This was in the rampage league I believe.
This is not beta related at all. I'm in standard.
"
aitee wrote:
- When turning RF on, I lose health till low life, then gain it back slowly to full life, at which point it is sustained from there on out (until I cast anything [merc]).

This is because your Life/Resists are desynching. The client is not subtracting your Resists properly when you Regenerate to above 35% Life. Low Life isn't always properly switched on or off with only Regen/Degen.

You do not have maxed Fire Resists on Merciless. Go out of town without RF active. Check your Fire Resists.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 11, 2015, 2:50:12 AM
I am going to join the line that says something to do with your fire resists, because it is only doing it in Merciless, so the Merciless mod of -60% is killing your Resists.

http://i.imgur.com/xlVkIGr.jpg

Image 1, Nothing active.

http://i.imgur.com/Ku7CvIV.jpg

Image 2, Purity of fire active. (What level is your purity ?), Mine is 20/0. (Level 20, Zero Quality).

http://i.imgur.com/ZKptgcZ.jpg

Image 3, RF active..., look, no degen, and my Life regen is only 658.

I think you have to look at your Purity level too, it *NEEDS* Level 20, and your 87% resist *WILL* degen your life. Level 19 is only +3 Max res (Which is why you only have 87%), You need level 20 for the +4 Max res.
Last edited by iamnotspock on May 11, 2015, 6:47:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info