Same skill gems no longer combine effect if shared on multiple items.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yeah, this lets you have multiple versions of the same skill supported differently.

Given that there's planned to be ~100 active skills come release... can we have some more spellcasting slots to accommodate all these versions of skills?
IRON MAN
I'll repost my suggestion from general forum:

"While I agree that having same skill copies for different situations is a good addition for the game. Still disabling supports through multiple copies is taking away options from players. I just though of a support gem that might solve the problem.

Lets call it SKILL LINK gem. It would be a non attribute support gem (e.g. town portal gem) and you would need at least two of them. Basically two gems placed in different items would link those items slots so that copied active skill's support gems effects are stacked.

This would be a high lvl gem as the benefits would kick in just when you got two 4 slot-all-linked items. Out of those 8 slots 2 would be taken by SKILL LINK gems, another 2 by copied active skill and that would leave 4 slots for support gems (instead of 3 if using just 1 item), which would all be applied to the same copied active skill.

That way more than 5 support gems linking would still be possible, but very difficult and costly to achieve.

Small mana reduction % could be a secondary effect for the gem, that would improve while leveling."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info