Question before posting as Bug

Has anyone fully tested Rarity of items mod? It seems to me that the more +Rarity you have the worse the drops are getting. I can roll with 0 and get rares pretty constant, but with 154% I haven't seen a rare in almost 2 days. Anybody else been testing that feature?
Could just be awful luck lol... I'd test it a bit more first :P
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Well, i dont see how it could be awful luck, Like I said, if i take those items off I get rares pretty constant.
That would explain an awful lot about why my drops are so horrible at the moment. I'll have to have a try with my rarity taken off and see if it makes a difference.
I've tested it. If you have 1000000% Increased rarity of items found, you definitely see it working.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I've tested it. If you have 1000000% Increased rarity of items found, you definitely see it working.

Wow, can you post build and gear of this ultimate mf char?!

;)
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Ugm wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Wow, can you post build and gear of this ultimate mf char?!

;)
No gear involved. I can give characters arbitrary stats on my own testing servers. So You're not going to be able to get it that high.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No gear involved. I can give characters arbitrary stats on my own testing servers. So You're not going to be able to get it that high.

No offence but I believe that that way of testing doesn't properly simulate the mod attribute received from items...
"
braincrash wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No offence but I believe that that way of testing doesn't properly simulate the mod attribute received from items...
As someone who understands the relevant parts of the game engine, I can assure you it does. The source of a stat doesn't matter. The stats from gear are applied to the character in exactly the same manner, the only difference is there's a little flag saying they came from gear, which affects nothing mechanically, and is only used so you can see a breakdown of where your stats come from (except that feature is disabled due to not working fully yet and needing cleaned up).
Rory has probably accumulated lots of the stat on actual items for testing as well, but that's not my job.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 21, 2011, 9:09:16 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
braincrash wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

As someone who understands the relevant parts of the game engine, I can assure you it does. The source of a stat doesn't matter. The stats from gear are applied to the character in exactly the same manner, the only difference is there's a little flag saying they came from gear, which affects nothing mechanically, and is only used so you can see a breakdown of where your stats come from (except that feature is disabled due to not working fully yet and needing cleaned up).
Rory has probably accumulated lots of the stat on actual items for testing as well, but that's not my job.

Well thank you for trying it out for me, guess I just have better luck without then with gear lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info