Any feedback for EA templar?

So, i want to make a solo char, an EA Templar to be exact for Soft-core.

This is the tree im tinking of using(Allocated for the idea of end of merciless).

The idea would then be to use some aoe skill(prolly rain of arrows) to apply Elemental Weakness and Flammability.

I don't know about the Elemental Eq. If i pick that up, i would prolly pick it up last.

For aura's i was thinking Anger and Haste most likely.

So what i was wondering is how viable is an EA templar leveling wise and how bad is that tree im planing on using(any tips+advice.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by ZeNukey on May 8, 2015, 12:49:52 PM
I haven't personally played an EA build, so I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell you've hit all the important keystones in the tree.
You will probably be quite vulnerable to reflect so I would recommend getting more life nodes and possibly running arctic armour to mitigate the damage. If you do use a curse on hit skill, rain of arrows is definitely the best option since it has a pretty large aoe by default and also cannot be evaded. I would highly recommend picking up the increased aoe in the skill tree, it will help with your initial explosion size as well as the proliferated burn size. I believe the best weapon for explosive arrow is a quill rain corrupted with +1 arrows because the explosion damage of EA is not reduced by the negative modifier on quill rain. Good luck!
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Thanks for the reply.
Already started the char(just killed Brutus on normal).
I did make some adjustments for the end of merciless in my plan.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d2LjE8EQ8hboKdVfA5o8jzvGF3wH6IABLPhc5o7gpvtIFfid-Uyiew4Jy-QVRo4fLskiz0PHM4rUA3N_lTE9nKp9zJ82e081abkIhpsNukkqhZv42qdrhJpFxxxeRhlpwja3dgkNsUfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJgRD0wtFLCCHtsLPC3Grrc-_grYvQ==

This does mean that i can't get dual curses by the end of merciless and i will have to leave that for later on.

Would see how the AoE is working for me and if needed pick up the increased area nodes as you mentioned...

This would then be the final tree(Branching off into the shadow tree as the very last nodes i take).
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d2LjE8EQ8hboKdVfA5o8jzvGF3wH6IABLPhc5o7gpvtIFfid-Uyiew4Jy-QVRo4fLskiz0PHM4rUA3N_lTE9nKp9zJ82e081abkIhpsNukkqhZv42qdrhJpFxxxeRhlpwja3dgkNsUfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJgRD0wtFLCCHtsLPC3Grrc-_grYvcAacYV65mP9RtdXKdq58xGxQkGH-eiCxyj6mK3xbCGwNPeXhS6UNthJGyqN7FX315uheC8YanzlWAfB86Kjf8Yc3C1HUEKMNlVLYeImlaSx5Y6dYyftBg7UfAn2
I'm also working on an EA Templar. I'm fairly new to PoE (played a little in open beta but never got really into it until recently), but what about this?

Found a few spots where you could take a different shorter path and only lose out on a little bit of stats (and some cast speed, which I don't think affects EA anyway), or trade some lower damage nodes for more damage. Overall, I think this build does a little more damage and has three points to spare, and only sacrificed some strength and int to get it.

Does "elemental damage with weapons" affect EA? I had assumed it doesn't, since EA's explosion isn't affected by weapon damage (and most EA builds use Quill Rain and don't care about the damage from the arrow besides proccing EE with it). If I'm right, then you can also drop the Catalyse cluster to get a few more points.

I'm also wondering: is it worth all those points to get to the Shadow area instead of just grabbing more clusters in the witch and templar area? That's a lot of points spent on pathing, even if the stats once you get there are quite nice.
Last edited by Quazifuji on May 11, 2015, 10:09:58 PM
Thanks man, appreciate the suggestions, it does seem more optimal and means i don't have to branch off just for elemental eq. I myself am really a new player, this is only my first real attempt at making a build.
As for the weapon ele damage, you are right there, i didn't spend any time thinking about that node so i didn't realize it is so useless.
Regarding the shadow tree, it seems a lot more optimal to go there for damage, however if i end up lacking defenses, I would prolly end up finishing the constitution nodes and going for barbarism and bloodless nodes..., which would in the end be 5 more points, but will see along the way...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info