[Tool, Version 1.2.7] Play POE with a gamepad

Edit: Updated version to 1.2.7, Fixed issue with keep pressed not working without virtual aim and updated the POE profile to use keep pressed, in the awakening if poe detects too many actions in a short timeframe it will kick the user from the instance.

Hi all, I've just released a tool to map a gamepad into mouse/keyboard, specifically designed for ARPGs

Url of the tool in the top of the post:
http://cutekickstudio.com/tools/arpg-gamepad-controller/

Version History:
1.2.7 - Multiple bug fixes, new profile for Diablo3, new variant profile for HOTS. Updated profile for POE to use keep pressed on movement to prevent getting kicked because of too many actions.
1.2.5 - Improved timing for virtual Aim and UI and Saves bug fixes.
1.2.4 - Fixed a crash that happened under certain conditions.
1.2.3 – Added complete button definition to analog configuration, updated Heroes of the Storm profile to fix self cast.
1.2.2 – Improvements on Virtual Aim, improved profile for Heroes of the Storm
1.2.1 – Fixed a crashing bug when a gamepad wasn’t connected.

At the very basic:
- Left Analog: Character movement, describes a small circle around the character so it feels as if the game has analog movement support.
- Right Analog: Moves the pointer in an elliptical area for aiming.
- All other buttons can be mapped to skills, potions, etc

It currently has a profile for path of exile, the one I'm using, some notes:
- You need to set 1 skill selection to Move only
- Depending on your preferences you might want to map mine detonation or some other action that might not be mapped.
- For virtual aim to work, you need to run path of exile in windowed or fullscreen windowed mode.
- You'll still need a mouse for inventory management, a PS4 gamepad is highly recommended since it has a trackpad, however you can still play with an Xbox or PS4 gamepad, you'll just need the mouse for inventory management.

Basically, you move with left analog and aim with right analog, melee classes handle better than ranged, but once you get the hang of aiming with the analog ranged classes are also ok.

been using it for a while, but now that I consider the tool to be at a good enough state I released it, profiles are json files so they can be edited directly.

The tool doesn't support macros, nor any kind of autoaiming, is just meant to map analogs for movement and aiming, so in theory it is within what's allowed by GGG.

Any feedback is welcomed

Cheers
Last edited by weberto on Jul 13, 2015, 5:48:40 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2016, 9:17:14 AM
i wanna try it but i feel a keylogger is wating for me
IGN : Detrium
No keylogger, heh, the app is clean provided you download it from the cutekickstudio server (Just uploaded during the morning so I don't think there will be any modified versions around)

Not sure how to answer that, no real way to prove it doesn't have a keylogger until someone runs it and I feel like the guy saying "I'm not crazy"

One thing, you don't need to open it before POE, you can run poe and after you have logged in you can alt+tab an run the tool, the app won't do any requests through the internet, you can check that with Fiddler (install it and then set it as a system proxy, any internet traffic should pass through fiddler)
there's also no install, just extract it to a folder and run it from there.

At least I can say I'm not a bot nor this is spam, so I can answer any questions you have.

Updated the version in the server to 1.2.1

- Fixed crashing bug when no gamepad was connected.
- Improvements on overlay when disabling the translation (ON checkbox unchecked)
Updated version on the server to 1.2.2

- Improved Virtual Aim to prevent making the key press before the mouse is actually in the aim position.
Nice dude. I wish I had a PS4 gamepad.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Last edited by Rafurion on May 12, 2015, 6:09:25 PM
Updated to version 1.2.3

- Added full button definitions for Analog Configuration (So that a key press can be set to an analog)
- Improved Heroes of the Storm profile to use self cast
Updated to 1.2.4

- Fixed a crash that happened under certain conditions.
Updated to 1.2.5

- Fixed a bug where the added resolution configs wouldn't get saved
- Improved timing for virtual Aim (Prevents shooting the skill to the movement position instead of the aiming position)
- Fixed a bug where the Name of the profile wouldn't get updated on the UI
I usually use joytokey for this sort of thing, but it doesnt seem to work with poe even though I know it did at one time. I use a left hand joystick in conjunction with a mouse. is there a way to get joytokey to start working? can your software map my joystick? I hesitate to have so many different third party apps because joytokey works sso well with my other games (smite for example)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info