I cried a little...

When I read on reddit that they are having a desync fix in the awakening. But is it true? Or was it just some one trying to troll? I know Desync is a engine related problem and very hard maybe even impossible to fix. But This guy in a topic on reddit said there is being worked on a fix for desync, and no one seemed to call him a troll or anything? Is it true? I have no played the beta a lot I maybe played for an hour and didn't really pay attention to the desync, maybe because it wasn't there anymore?
It's dead true (although the changes on the beta are smaller at the moment). They're introducing an option to basically wait for the server before doing ANYTHING, which makes desync completely vanish at the cost of ping being a lot more important. In addition, apparently fiddling with stuff in order to make that work has also made the traditional predictive mode a lot better, and from my beta experience so far it certainly does feel like it.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
They are working on a deterministic lockstep mode that will replace the current prediction mode. That should remove any sort of desync in exchange for some increased feeling of latency(with high ping).

This is still in progress and is planned to go to beta as soon as it's finished, but not yet in.

In the meantime the developpement of this new mode fixes a lot of desync sources for those who will still play with the "old" mode, so that's why beta may feel les desyncy. I can't say, as I didn't play beta yet.

edit : well, viperesque wrote faster than me :)
Last edited by Renahud on May 6, 2015, 7:01:12 AM
Looks like Jonathan is working his ass off to make this happen. Let's hope he succeeds :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
When Desync is gone I can finally write my friends its the best game I've ever played ":D !
Last edited by 0neLastShot on May 6, 2015, 7:28:15 AM
"
When Desync is gone I can finally write my friends its the best game I've ever played ":D !

Not Phantasy Star? Traitor
They improved the code/reworked and Desync now better with the new mode, and second is lockstep chris compared it with Lol, no desync on low latencys but freaking annoying above ~150. which makes plaing from europe to us really nasty duo the high ping.

Next cry wave incoming, ggg pllss1111 fiiixx da laggg
"
Keks22 wrote:
They improved the code/reworked and Desync now better with the new mode, and second is lockstep chris compared it with Lol, no desync on low latencys but freaking annoying above ~150. which makes plaing from europe to us really nasty duo the high ping.

Next cry wave incoming, ggg pllss1111 fiiixx da laggg

Good thing we have EU servers then :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Lag will have a greater effect on you in Lockstep than it does in Prediction mode. So if you're plauged by lag spikes, you'll likely stick to the old system. This is the very reason that Lockstep was rejected as "impossible" when they were designing the core of the game. It's still there, but lag has less effect these days than it did when they made that choice.

We'll have to wait and see if the game is playable in Lockstep. A stable connection with pings less than 120 should work.
What this deterministic lockstep mode will do is eliminate the inaccuracies in the predictive client, and only do what the server tells it is correct. This means lag can cause pauses where nothing happens, but that's tantamount to rubberbanding with the old system. This fix will only be applied to fishing nodes until it is thoroughly tested in this coming year, and it only works well for people with stable low-latency connections. I have 60-70 ms consistently and I haven't missed a lure yet, though my bait never attracts the smart ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info