Biggest mistake from the DEV"S

"
kshuxxx wrote:
The random timer is very unfair because people made from 1 to 12 extra accounts to get more chances but it just backfired.There are thousands yes THOUSANDS of people who got more then one key per pc(IP) simply because they created so many ghost accounts.
There are measures in place to prevent this. There can never be a foolproof way of preventing multi-accounts, but we make sure it's hard to actually gain benefit from it.
Do you have any evidence whatsoever for you figure of "THOUSANDS" or are you just making that up? I'm guessing the latter since there's no way you'd actually know that unless you personally know a thousand people who all have multiple keys due to multi-accounting.
While it's impossible to prevent it entirely I think it's highly unlikely the figure is that high, so please actually back that up instead of just making sensationalist claims.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
The simplest solution to that was a requirement of minimum posts of 1 or more per week or month.
Which would increase spam on the forums hugely, go back on our promise that all people had to do to get in was sign up, and do nothing to stop multi-accounting. So it's not really a solution at all.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
So many people are still waiting for over 6 months is because there are people with 10 fake accounts created
No, people are waiting for 6 months because a) The game hasn't been in beta that long - people who start waiting before the game's even in beta know they're in for a potentially long wait, and b) because there are huge numbers of people who want to get in, and they vastly exceed the amount of people we're ready to let in. It's a closed beta, it's a given that not everyone get's in.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
This is so unfair
No, it's not. The random system is inherently fair, other than being biased by giving people who do post ten times the chance to be picked compared to those who don't.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
that's why if i will get a friend invite i will give it to a person who's been waiting for a long time because even thou im kinda new here(almost a month)it seems like eternity :(
That's very noble of you, but it doesn't make everything you've said correct.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
"
Requiring forum posts would just create a ton of spam. It would do absolutely nothing to prevent multi-account users.

Anyway, GGG has ways of dealing with those people.

100 % incorrect
Actually, everything you just quoted is correct. So,
"
kshuxxx wrote:
TELL ME NOW IM WRONG?
Yeah, you kinda are.
Mark, I find it amazing how you always take the time to respond to such threads in detail.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
]There are measures in place to prevent this. There can never be a foolproof way of preventing multi-accounts, but we make sure it's hard to actually gain benefit from it.

This game would be difficult to "Dual-Box" to be certain.

I see (without using an microscope) no restriction regarding Limitations on activation numbers per IP address in the rules.
The benefits of this are that my 10 year old son and I can play together.

P.S. Hope I'm right about the IP thingy:)

That being said, I actually think the timer is getting alot of people in the game very quickly.

And from recent beta key redemption's from people I personally know in our forum, the activation E mail's , of late, has Included an additional "Friend Key".

Word of the game is spreading like wildfire.

Edit: Spelling
D-boxing this game would be more of an afk grind thing.

Of course people are making multiple accounts to exploit the timer, was there ever any doubt? They should be found and flogged, but they were bound to happen.
we will rise or fall together, mediocrity is accomplished alone
"
Zerkki wrote:

Last Visited: 20. November 2011 12.08
Total Forum Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)

Some people sure are lucky...
Very unfair indeed...

QFT. And this is why I fear how PoE will develop over time. This method of giving away keys is imo a complete failure, and with many here voicing similar complaints, GGG claiming "everythings fine blahblahblah" makes me think that they will eventually lend that very same "head in the sand" approach towards the game as it develops.

As it stands, the so-called "random selector" has gone back to its preference towards those who signed up between August - present. Yep. BROKEN as intended. No matter, since with Skyrim, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and soon SWTOR on Dec 20, many who've been screwed over by this GROUND BREAKING system of doing things WRONG have perhaps turned towards those games instead (to name a few).

Well I did at least.
"
rashed85 wrote:
QFT.
Assuming you're agreeing with the 'unfair' part of the quote, then it's not true. The system gives everyone a chance - that's fair. Cutting some people out would be unfair.
"
rashed85 wrote:
And this is why I fear how PoE will develop over time. This method of giving away keys is imo a complete failure
I've never seen nor heard of a closed beta which didn't randomly select which people got in. There's a reason for that - random selection is the standard because it works, and it's doing so for us as well.

"
rashed85 wrote:
and with many here voicing similar complaints
But not providing any evidence to back up their wild claims that the selection isn't random or is somehow "unfair"
"
rashed85 wrote:
GGG claiming "everythings fine blahblahblah"
I assume by this the part where we repeatedly and painstakingly explain the situation using logic and facts instead of making claims which can't be backed up?
"
rashed85 wrote:
makes me think that they will eventually lend that very same "head in the sand" approach towards the game as it develops.
Not fixing things which aren't broken isn't putting our heads in the sand, it's having a good understanding of how things actually work, and realising that just because some people think something is broken doesn't mean they're right.
"
rashed85 wrote:
As it stands, the so-called "random selector" has gone back to its preference towards those who signed up between August - present.
Of course it does. The vast majority of the registered accounts are in that range. If you randomly select fruit from a barrel with 10,000 oranges and a few hundred apples, you'll select mostly oranges. That's how maths works.
That's evidence that it IS random.

The beta started in August, and thousands of people signed up at that point. For a while there was a second timer which only invited people who'd been around for ages and been active in the community before the beta started, so many of the old-timers are already in beta. As a result of these factors, there are lots more non-beta accounts who are recent then there are non-beta accounts from before the beta started. There are literally hundreds if not thousands more of them. And yet you're implying the system isn't random because more of them get picked than the tiny minority who signed up before beta?
That argument is fundamentally flawed.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 21, 2011, 11:44:15 PM
No! Don't try to use logic, that just confuses and disorients people! You're wrong and you know it, but you just won't admit it!

When the beta started, there were somewhere around 50-58,000 accounts. Now, there are over 157,000. Clearly, more of the old accounts should be getting picked, even though it's highly likely that thousands of them already have been. That's fair. That's how it should work, Mr. Mark. Gosh, you guys at GGG obviously know nothing about anything. You should only invite the people who post on your forum because that's what true fans and hardcore gamers do. They post on forums. These are the only people who care at all about the game. D3 and every other game coming out between now and 2016 are going to ruin PoE because the devs aren't smart enough to invite everyone into their closed beta.

Spoiler
/Sarcasm
These threads used to annoy me; now they just make me laugh.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Nov 22, 2011, 2:57:23 AM
I just think that the beta key should be distributed to those who are actually active. There are many times when I see people who registered a few months ago and they only go on once and never again. I think the system would be better if after a few months of inactivity an account has a very low or no chance of getting a beta key unless they become active again later on. This ensures that people who get the beta key will actually USE it.
"
RichyRichy wrote:
I just think that the beta key should be distributed to those who are actually active. There are many times when I see people who registered a few months ago and they only go on once and never again. I think the system would be better if after a few months of inactivity an account has a very low or no chance of getting a beta key unless they become active again later on. This ensures that people who get the beta key will actually USE it.

I just gave a key to a forum member who registered back in 2010, who had four forum posts the whole time, and who had last visited (logged on, as opposed to simply reading) in October.

He was very happy to have the opportunity to join the Beta. I have no doubts that he will use it.

You see, your problem is an irrational assumption that everybody uses fora the way you do. You assume that, because a forum member doesn't post, that they are not interested.

Many folks aren't comfortable posting, or simply feel that they have nothing to add to the discussion. However, they read without posting. They're called lurkers, and they make up a surprisingly large portion of forum visitors on any forum. I think what this forum needs is a visitor counter, so that the number of people who are actually reading without a log-in can be shown.

Then mebbe folks like you will come to understand that what you're demanding is the unfair disenfranchisement of people simply because they choose only to observe the forum. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info