Any help for beginner?

Hey there It's my first character and I'm feeling it's going wrong, I'm at the ACT III Cruel and it's seems not entertaining but even impossible! My dmg is quite well I kill them quite fast but my sustain or ability to handle damage is non-existant Can you please help me with some advises?

Passive skill tree build

What do I need? more armor? Health? Resists? I came to the mission kill Piety, I can clean all mobs there easily, damage is not an issue, but I loose my HP too fast also, And I doubt I could kill her being that squishy
Last edited by eimantasks on May 2, 2015, 3:12:27 AM
Get some instant flasks.

Cap resi (cold 30% ,it will become worse in merciless)

Get some passive leech/reg.

Get a 4L chest and use lifeleech gem.
Last edited by Nurgus on May 2, 2015, 3:14:47 AM
First of all welcome second make sure you spend some time reading http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549432

as Nurgus said only stuff i can add is you need more hp it is also highly advisable to always have 2 types of defenses

as in armour + life
armour+evasion
especially when you are playing it for first time.

If you need some 4 link items i am sure i can provide you with some if really needed, make sure to visit town vendors each time you level up that is when they reset their shop items in the buy section.
You've made the mistake of going too far into damage too early and too little into life and defenses. I modified your tree a little bit so that it is more how it should look like at that stage.

As Nurgus said, make yourself some instant flasks, e.g. with the prefix "seething". You can spam them if your life drops suddenly.

You have a pretty good weapon. If I were you I'd make it 4L and support the GS with faster attacks, added fire damage and melee physical damage. That should carry you for quite a while, and you can go on putting more points into life.
Last edited by Jojas on May 2, 2015, 5:35:16 AM
Not very many life nodes on the tree, having problems staying alive is normally a good idea for more life nodes.

Are you only using three flasks? If so you should be using more there are five slots and you are missing out on two.

Try dropping the reduced mana if you can(pick up some mana leech on gear) OR what I would do is drop vitality for clarity and then toss the reduced mana gem and use life leech instead.

Other then that it's your first run it's not going to be perfect, but your doing the right thing asking for help. Keep playing!
Oh wow, thank you for such a huge help! Now I see options that I can choose from to improve my Survivability, this games is so massive!, so many things to choose from!
You lack life notes on the tree and life on gear.
Aim for AT LEAST 140% increased maximum life on the skill tree. (As a marauder i would recommend 180%+)
Try to get life on every possible gear slot. 60+ life per item should be fine.
Cap out your resists! 75/75/75 is very important, but dont worry about chaos resistance.
Dont take so many damage notes, if u want a damage oriented build get the damage notes later.
Some armor is not required but very useful. It works good versus small hits, but wont save you from very big ones.
This would be a better tree for your level:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4w9_FhjxtiMz18_9kjvDhQgUEfkUfIvGj48LXfjrj5nm_5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9nzZ9zJyqc9-dqzqGIIH2XwUcfjr378OPBiRvJ86UhRN_EsB52dY5K1gkV4T705hUoZgBS1gS3rvdO2HapBsqSdhIYTvqZSE2b6nZU29Nkd-

If u need more specific advice, search the forum for beginner friendly guides or pm me.
Have fun,
aceCrasher

Last edited by aceCrasher on May 2, 2015, 8:38:05 AM
this is beautiful so glad many replied with offering linked items instead of the casual fame i tend to see, cheers to everyone that is helping
Here is my build when I was using Molten strike with a two handed weapon.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2ITEWGN-4D38dn-Mz8RYnlf2SORRXz9nm1BHl3nBBBQgGj6uPu8OCZZVtfIvfLh34zkOns0pLjwt6wkir9IhpzDxrMauTP_E9oVSOFPyQZ_LAee3Pv0wr2xyqcQVPQ9254IHNugUTf4KiI9o8vcyVakcztl8hymGYPxL2L0a5PAffA582Ze0K1BhUjpSvJ81kmqlogCnVWoBDc3vThv6GJEEs1ug_lReEyXfwGZDyCFVYEu2LE8E3D0s-yfVBS2kGQd1iiJ07XrvwKYnIITvYSGpJ5BseHqHaqmUhNnEuNX4bmm-p_6PTeOmVzrh

Some of the melee damage nodes can be taken away to use for more life or other areas in the tree.

You'll want to get a Multistrike gem for the ground slam. If you need this gem just PM in the game and I can give you one.
Thank you guys, I really appreciate all this help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info