Deaths Oath DoT

"
On what basis do you say that? Thorns and Dying Breath are completely different mechanics from raw degen damage like Death's Oath gives. Dying Breath doesn't say "Turns on an aura that gives 18% damage to nearby allies", which is why it can't be scaled. Death's Oath doesn't _need_ to be an aura, it's just degen damage that *looks* like an aura.

Thorns are known to be unscalable, and I tested Dying Breath once. If DB effect isn't an aura it still has a radius and should be scaled by generic AoE increases, but it doesn't, nothing affects it because you aren't the one using the skill. So, even if it was an aura it wouldn't make any difference because aura passives are very specific about that, they say 'auras you cast...'.

So, I'm fairly sure the chaos degen from Death's Oath is also an item effect, you aren't doing it so your passives don't affect it. Bino's area heal/poison is another good example, that one seems to be some kind of a proliferation effect, and proliferation doesn't do any damage by itself so it depends on your damage, however, item provides the radius of that proliferation and it can't be scaled in any way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Thorns are known to be unscalable, and I tested Dying Breath once. If DB effect isn't an aura it still has a radius and should be scaled by generic AoE increases, but it doesn't, nothing affects it because you aren't the one using the skill. So, even if it was an aura it wouldn't make any difference because aura passives are very specific about that, they say 'auras you cast...'.

So, I'm fairly sure the chaos degen from Death's Oath is also an item effect, you aren't doing it so your passives don't affect it. Bino's area heal/poison is another good example, that one seems to be some kind of a proliferation effect, and proliferation doesn't do any damage by itself so it depends on your damage, however, item provides the radius of that proliferation and it can't be scaled in any way.

No, you misunderstood my question....

"On what basis do you say that Death's Oath flat degen damage is the same as Thorns and Dying Breath, which are each completely separate mechanics from Death's Oath's flat degen damage?"

They're just... not similar. Not comparable. All resources I can find that look the least bit reliable indicate that Redbeak's and DoT stats affect Death's Oath.

The issue is that no one cares, because 450 DPS is an absurdly low base to start with.
Last edited by codetaku on May 2, 2015, 10:57:04 AM
I'm fairly sure there's a universal rule that governs scaling of effects that come from items. I have no knowledge of any item-specific effect that has its properties predetermined by an item and can be scaled by your bonuses, Death's Oath would then have to be an exception in my eyes.

Yes, I've seen claims that damage is scaleable and also those that say that it isn't, but no reliable tests performed on it nor direct answer from devs. I'd gladly test it myself and base my opinion on that, but I don't have the item and I'm not curious enough to buy it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I think I read somewhere a dev saying it can t scale
Forum pvp
Anybody know what the radius is on the chaos damage per second?
IGN: Biblets

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info