Deaths Oath DoT

Can we improve the chaos damage on that item with "+%x damage over time" and "+%x chaos damage" nodes?
Neden yaşıyorsun?
i'm not sure about it... but i think it works, it should, it would... it could!

hmm

Probably yes. Bleeding on weapon is increased with % physical nodes and % damage over time so death's oath DoT effect should be increased too because of the "chaos" and "Damage per second" -flags-.

I havent tried it :/

anyway, does it worths it? the chaos damage is weak... You could improve it's effect by +160%... 1170/second is not bad buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Does it worth it?

gems will have no effects, the only way to improve it again is the vulnerability curse, lvl20 33%, 1556 chaos damage per second... When a good character deals 100 000+++ damage per second ...
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
Geisalt wrote:
i'm not sure about it... but i think it works, it should, it would... it could!

hmm

Probably yes. Bleeding on weapon is increased with % physical nodes and % damage over time so death's oath DoT effect should be increased too because of the "chaos" and "Damage per second" -flags-.

I havent tried it :/

anyway, does it worths it? the chaos damage is weak... You could improve it's effect by +160%... 1170/second is not bad buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Does it worth it?

gems will have no effects, the only way to improve it again is the vulnerability curse, lvl20 33%, 1556 chaos damage per second... When a good character deals 100 000+++ damage per second ...

Ill do a CI Rf build, so if Death's Oath's damage can be improved with DoT rf damage can improved as well (burn is a DoT like poison). And i can use puncture for leeching and DoT again. 3in1 like grinding gears but if +%xDoT applies the chest.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on May 1, 2015, 11:06:27 PM
And here is my passive tree for that idea:

http://goo.gl/8Gy8Rd

I'll do that after passive reset.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last I heard, DO's chaos damage doesn't scale, because its the item dealing the damage, not you.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Last I heard, DO's chaos damage doesn't scale, because its the item dealing the damage, not you.

This is a good point.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Hmm in this case it's strange because bleeding on weapon scales no? o_o
hmm i searched it on the net and apparently it doesnt work as Gilrad said.

but vulnerability and shocks work and for RT too.

Still to me it doesnt worth it.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
"
Geisalt wrote:
Hmm in this case it's strange because bleeding on weapon scales no? o_o
hmm i searched it on the net and apparently it doesnt work as Gilrad said.

but vulnerability and shocks work and for RT too.

Still to me it doesnt worth it.

It's because bleed mod give your attacks the chance to trigger bleed status which is also based on damage you did, it doesn't do more than that.

In case of Death's Oath the item is triggering the effect and it determines its strength so it has nothing to do with your stats. Same goes for stuff like thorns on spiked shields, thorns on block for Temu shield or Dying Breath aura, those effects can be scaled only on receiving end.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 2, 2015, 4:26:13 AM
"
Jideament wrote:
Ill do a CI Rf build

You literally can't do that. RF turns off as soon as you have 1 life, regardless of how much ES you have.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/24c8wb/is_damage_over_time_scaling_with_degen_aura_from/

I think the item creator knows best of all. You can scale Death's Oath damage with DoT, Chaos Damage, and pure damage (redbeak's)

"
raics wrote:
In case of Death's Oath the item is triggering the effect and it determines its strength so it has nothing to do with your stats. Same goes for stuff like thorns on spiked shields, thorns on block for Temu shield or Dying Breath aura, those effects can be scaled only on receiving end.

On what basis do you say that? Thorns and Dying Breath are completely different mechanics from raw degen damage like Death's Oath gives. Dying Breath doesn't say "Turns on an aura that gives 18% damage to nearby allies", which is why it can't be scaled. Death's Oath doesn't _need_ to be an aura, it's just degen damage that *looks* like an aura.
Last edited by codetaku on May 2, 2015, 9:11:46 AM
"
"
Jideament wrote:
Ill do a CI Rf build

You literally can't do that. RF turns off as soon as you have 1 life, regardless of how much ES you have.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/24c8wb/is_damage_over_time_scaling_with_degen_aura_from/

I think the item creator knows best of all. You can scale Death's Oath damage with DoT, Chaos Damage, and pure damage (redbeak's)

"
raics wrote:

On what basis do you say that? Thorns and Dying Breath are completely different mechanics from raw degen damage like Death's Oath gives. Dying Breath doesn't say "Turns on an aura that gives 18% damage to nearby allies", which is why it can't be scaled. Death's Oath doesn't _need_ to be an aura, it's just degen damage that *looks* like an aura.

I was did a CI+Rf with deaths oath in last skill reset. But it wasnt good enough for endgame. Now ill do a puncture rf build for more damage and deaths oath is not for damage. 400 chaos damage can suck my carrot. Chest have good mods for end game and 1500 armour is good enough for me.
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info