Things that bugs me...

"
Lazze wrote:
..No and no again..
Rather have an additional row with hotkeys.
In some games I usually have 30 keys + macros.
Its part of the challenge imho. I dont think making the game more easy will make it better.

If you think about it, having 1 or 2 more key bind to the same function doesn't really add to the game experience.

It is (kind of) like binding the same spell to two keys. You end up using only the more comfortable key of the 2.
Last edited by braincrash on Nov 22, 2011, 4:39:04 PM
"
indczn wrote:
With respect to Skill cool down timers, I can't hate them more. D2 sorc's and amazons to a lesser extent were completely ruined to compensate for lag by adding cooldown timers.

The D2 case is different, the cooldown was actually added to the global CD.

Where is the big deal between this two sequences:
1s cast time > cast > 1s cast time > cast > 1s cast time > cast
or
cast > 1s CD > cast > 1s CD > cast > 1s CD

Another option is to have global CD + cooldown that can be rapresented like this:

0.5s GC > cast > 0.5s CD > 0.5s GC > cast > 0.5s CD
Last edited by braincrash on Nov 22, 2011, 4:38:10 PM
Having a global CD would slow down the pace of the game too much. It's already fairly slow as it is unless you stack attack speed/cast speed. Additionally, you would probably be getting significantly lower DPS because no skills reset the attack animation. E.g. You're halfway through your attack animation, but then use a skill, cancelling your attack and using the skill instead.
"
braincrash wrote:
The D2 case is different, the cooldown was actually added to the global CD.

Where is the big deal between this two sequences:
1s cast time > cast > 1s cast time > cast > 1s cast time > cast
or
cast > 1s CD > cast > 1s CD > cast > 1s CD

Another option is to have global CD + cooldown that can be rapresented like this:

0.5s GC > cast > 0.5s CD > 0.5s GC > cast > 0.5s CD

The differences is the 4th cast.

Attack > CD 1 sec> Attack, is twice as powerful as 1sec cast Attack over the course of 1 second, despite having to wait after. If the monster is dead, it doesn't matter. Its even more heavily skewed when you factor in the status effects assuming they occur on cast. Obviously the effect is lessened at the end of a long chain, but I don't believe its an insignificant change.

Re: d2
It's been years since I played and don't remember when the attack/spell occured during cast, but I definitely correlate cooldown with the awful timer delays.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info