Things that bugs me...

There are a few thing I don't like in PoE, probably some will be addressed in time but still... I'll jump right in trying also to explain how I will see it (where applicable):

Potions
Five are too many, having to use skills on keys too, keep track on 5 potions slot plus the current mechanic/play style just feel uncomfortable. I see a max of 3 slots with properly adjusted charges of course.

Skills - Cooldown vs Cast time
Many skills Cast time is just playing out painful. I find myself many time running away from a pack of mob, stop and try to "cast" but I get interrupted and then start the cycle again, run away try to cast. With cooldown you can make the cast instant and then wait x second before next cast, that will make the whole experience a lot better IMO.

Players vs Minions vs Monstes vs Skills Effects
Today I did my first "big" party (4) and it felt really messy. It was hard to tell apart my fellow friends from human like enemy. Also monsters of some areas are too similar to minions... Some skills, mainly the aoe ones are too much, if someone spams a nova you must start to "guess" what it is happening or just join the feast with you aoe skill.

In your face?
When I play I have this feeling that I'm too close, not by much, but I can use just a little more, I have some personal space issues :) I know that there are technical issue on changing the camera distance, but I felt to report how it feels to me.

UI
I know that the user interface is been worked on, but I will give it more development time, I believe that a good UI goes a long way. It is basically the "first" experience of the game even if it isn't technically the game, give a good feeling with the UI and overall the game will feel better.

As a long time player of the genre this is what "bugs" me and this is how I will see it. I'm not saying "you must do as I say" those are just my points of view and don't take it wrong if I had emphasize some parts :)
Last edited by braincrash on Nov 20, 2011, 9:52:33 PM
Potions: Eventually the amount you have access to will be determined by the belt you are using.

Skill: What would be the difference between, running away trying to cast and being interrupted vs running away waiting for a cool down?

Players: Yes, with 4 players on the screen it can get chaotic, and I agree more needs to be done to differentiate your minions from the mobs.

In your face: This has been brought up numerous times, the ability to zoom the game out would require a lot of work by GGG that currently they aren't able to allocate resources towards.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Energy shield should keep your spells from being interrupted. When I play a Witch I usually try to get some increased cast speed passives or gear.
Forum Sheriff
I think cast times are a better system than cooldowns. They keep the action a little frantic by removing the feeling of waiting you get with cooldowns.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Zoom out is needed, i get shot by skeletons without even seeing them.
"
braincrash wrote:
There are a few thing I don't like in PoE, probably some will be addressed in time but still... I'll jump right in trying also to explain how I will see it (where applicable):

Skills - Cooldown vs Cast time
Many skills Cast time is just playing out painful. I find myself many time running away from a pack of mob, stop and try to "cast" but I get interrupted and then start the cycle again, run away try to cast. With cooldown you can make the cast instant and then wait x second before next cast, that will make the whole experience a lot better IMO.

In your face?
When I play I have this feeling that I'm too close, not by much, but I can use just a little more, I have some personal space issues :) I know that there are technical issue on changing the camera distance, but I felt to report how it feels to me.

I agree on these two (I don't have a strong opinion either way on other stuff you mentioned). 1st thing I mentioned as well couple of times in my 0.9.2 reviews. This is especially painful for any noncaster class as they will not ever get a decent amount of faster cast speed.
I am for buffing starting cast speed for all characters or having bonus cast speed being a part of a level up bonus (0.5% per lvl for marauder, dualist and ranger and 1% per lvl for witch templar and int/dex class; remove some cast speed passives accordingly).

In your face is really irritating in this game and goes hand in hand with chaos of having multiple party members.

Last edited by Torin on Nov 21, 2011, 10:49:40 AM
It would be interesting to see how things would be affected if the camera was lifted by 10% for a week or so :)
Caution: Typo's can get you banned :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AllenJ555555555

/)^3^(\

-= Reelix =-
Running and casting raise skills causes you to desynch a lot leading to death.

Edit:

I Also suggest making summon skills move with you while using a skill like flicker strike.
Last edited by cryoes on Nov 22, 2011, 9:46:33 AM
"
Torin wrote:

I agree on these two (I don't have a strong opinion either way on other stuff you mentioned). 1st thing I mentioned as well couple of times in my 0.9.2 reviews. This is especially painful for any noncaster class as they will not ever get a decent amount of faster cast speed.
I am for buffing starting cast speed for all characters or having bonus cast speed being a part of a level up bonus (0.5% per lvl for marauder, dualist and ranger and 1% per lvl for witch templar and int/dex class; remove some cast speed passives accordingly).

In your face is really irritating in this game and goes hand in hand with chaos of having multiple party members.

I can't agree with this. I'm a witch and have no passives invested in cast speed. There is enough from items and the support gem to make cast speed functional, if faster casting is desired.

With respect to Skill cool down timers, I can't hate them more. D2 sorc's and amazons to a lesser extent were completely ruined to compensate for lag by adding cooldown timers. Making the spell proccess instantly on cast and having the cooldown makes such a huge difference with respect to escape skills. Removes the threat of interuption and raises safety significantly. Theres also a shortage of active slots to account for multiple cool down spells.
I much prefer balancing through mana cost, damage, and cast time, as it seems more in line with the game play.
"
Potions
Five are too many, having to use skills on keys too, keep track on 5 potions slot plus the current mechanic/play style just feel uncomfortable.

..No and no again..
Rather have an additional row with hotkeys.
In some games I usually have 30 keys + macros.
Its part of the challenge imho. I dont think making the game more easy will make it better.

Regarding "In your face?" I agree that a little more zoom out would be good ,on the other hand its very much a "first play" thing .You will get used to it pretty fast.

rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info