3.2k life
140 life regen
2.2k armour
520 avg damage firestorm
700 herald of thunder
1.6k vaal storm call
5k dps flame surge

Rip
Pretty much committed sudoku. Partially for science, mostly because it was 4am.
Rolled a packsize mountain ledge map which I was pretty excited about. However, it also had extra damage and devourers. After deciding that this map would most likely kill me and I should probably just leave, I did it anyways and ran into a rare devourer pack with extra damage+powerful crits.

Also ripped an atziri's foible on day one to the cyclone vaal boss because I had no bleed removal flasks and was too sleepy to log out. Figured hc would be more fun for this type of race even though my only goal was to hit 70 with firestorm.

General Thoughts
Typically don't record deaths this low, but the self-found thing was a lot of fun and I figured I could use this as a reference point in the future.

With the addition of heralds and a better optimized tree, firestorm was much faster and fun to level with than when I first tried it in rampage.

Initial playstyle was to throw one firetrap and drop one firestorm then move on to the next pack while everything died.

As I built up a support gem setup (faster casting in particular) I ended up using firetrap mostly just for bosses. With herald of thunder and a lvl 1 arctic armour I was able to kite/stutter step across the map, rarely taking hits while chilled mobs would chase me through the firestorms and die. Did not get vaal storm call until late into merciless but it is quite a nice boost to this type of playstyle as well. Flame surge is quite nice for dealing with single targets, but the fact that it is melee range and that inc duration firestorms stack on top of each other lead to me rarely using it.

Overall had a lot of fun with this character and looking forward to testing firestorm in the beta.

My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info