Elemental Equilibrium

Hi, I'm doing a dual wield Dyadus cleave build (with resolute technique) and I wanted to use Pyre chilling enemies with arctic breath.
Before I thought about adding Pyre to my build, I was planning to get elemental equilibrium and the cold to fire support gem.
So I was wondering what's the best thing to do, adding Pyre to my build or not? If I add it elemental equilibrium becomes shit, so I don't know if I should just skip Pyre, add it to my build and keep elemental equilibrium or add it and don't take elemental equilibrium.

Here's my actual skill tree with elemental equilibrium (not planning to take Pyre in this one).

The advantages of taking Pyre are that it gives me a support gem slot and increase greatly the burning damage which is important on this build since the Dyadus attack speed is mediocre. The disadvantage is that it makes elemental equilibrium pretty bad (-75% all resistances to -25%).

What I was going to do is keep my actual skill tree and add Pyre to the build, so I still get atleast -25% all resistances from elemental equilibrium but I don't know if it's the best thing to do so that's why I'm asking you to give me a hand:).
What option do you think is the best ?

EDIT: I was also wondering, what's the best on this build since it's somewhat based on burning damage, faster attacks for more burning or multistrike for more attack speed?
Last edited by ne3zy on Apr 27, 2015, 12:34:56 AM
im not sure where the -75 and -25 are coming from, are you including some sort of pen gem in those numbers? Or maybe misreading ele equa?

basically if you use pyre, all your damage will become fire damage, and enemies will gain +25% fire resist when you hit them, the only way you would be able to reverse the proc to give them -50% would be to hit them with pure lightning damage somehow as your cold damage from all sources would be converted to fire damage.
I'm actually hitting with all elemental damages, fire and cold from dyadus and herald of ice and lightning from herald of thunder and wrath.
If I did the maths correctly you get -25% resistances for two elements and -75% for three.
So if you hit for all elements you have -100% and +25% to all elemental resistances which is -75%, and if you hit for two elements you get -50% and +25% to all elemental resistances.
Last edited by ne3zy on Apr 27, 2015, 7:08:03 AM
No if you hit with 3 elements at a time, they enemy gets +25 light/fire/cold res and nothing else.

There is a cooldown of 5 sec before you can apply a new ele eq hit.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium
Last edited by TheDeathX on Apr 27, 2015, 7:29:23 AM
aaaah ok, I didn't understand the skill that way, I thought the +25% could be reduced if you hit with another element. Well thank you very much, problem solved elemental equilibrium is shit.
"
ne3zy wrote:
problem solved elemental equilibrium is shit.

Yes, for the build you're attempting it's shit, you really need to build for it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
TheDeathX wrote:
There is a cooldown of 5 sec before you can apply a new ele eq hit.

The EE effect lasts for five seconds, but it will recalculate with every Hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info