Templar Explosion summons totem build idea!?

Hi all,
So, I was thinking about making a build who uses zombies and skeletons as TNT canisters :)
The idea is a totem, summoning low life zombies and skeletons with Minions Instability who upon exploding deal a lot of fire damage. With as much as possible health for survivability and fire damage nodes I think the build can work but not 100% sure.

So, what are your opinions guys?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAfA6nVVugQ8hPBGjyogDwH8BmBLPvfJ_f4XOaO4Kb1abtPJBVJy_sOMAaGjh65nGFY_1G17FC2rlY5WaeSOePRh0U-tLjahZvNukkqoCkVdZk5xcvPC1M_69sxq7-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPbYvf4Ktz756EGHU1JFnZrg6-64k6cIp5QGoGSEPydKyG6qtfI1kvm9zzJZbV-YA-4zhx2-lnR8S1XGOlismPfXm6FfKnRVKhOj8lorCfbUfAYOJ-36gCqY2QsQl0QEzLwk2IVt1YGvjexVKo1JGzbY8WxTpQxfHKdN4_6POuGmV_JF

Fire damage nodes do not affect the damage of your minions. Take the totem out and it can be okay. The 50% less damage from spell totem affects the explosion from minion instability, as does the 50% less elemental damage from skeletons. This means that if you have a spell totem summoning skeletons, the explosion deals 33% of their life, divided by two twice, or 8.25% of the skeleton's life pool, which means with a level 20 summon skeletons gem you are dealing 94 damage when one of them dies. Almost nothing.
The only things that can scale the damage of minion instability are minion life, minion damage, and curses. In my opinion, the best way to go about a minion instability build is to dual curse ele weakness flammability and pick up necromantic aegis and use a maligaro's lens so your minions die really easily. The main reason you see nobody attempting a build like this is the intrinsic problem with stacking life on your minions to get more damage, then depending on them to die. You quite literally hard cap your damage when you get enough life nodes, because your minions no longer die.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Last edited by Shmizz on Apr 27, 2015, 2:29:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info