General Control Responsiveness

The mouse controls feel a bit "mushy" even in low density areas outside the 1st town area. Is this intentional ?

Using D2 as a guide (dangerous I know but a good yard stick to compare with), battle.net games feel much more "responsive".

I've turned down all the details (including screen size) to minimum as far as I can tell to see if the responsiveness improves. It doesn't.

I quit and ran D2 on battle.net to see if it was my internet, and it is not (it runs fine and feels "tight").

Any suggestions ? (other than get a new PC :D)

I think you feel this way because all the actions take a second to finish animations before they work, whereas in D2 they were almost instantaneous.
I definitely agree. The game seems sluggish and choppy to me. I do have an older computer, though, and I've never been impressed with my internet service's latency, so...

"
Blacknsilver wrote:
I think you feel this way because all the actions take a second to finish animations before they work, whereas in D2 they were almost instantaneous.

This is not true; things were animated in D2, too.
Ever checked your ping via pressing F1?
GGG is only running servers in the USA at the moment, so if you are from EU or something and don't have such a good internet you might have some delay because of it.
I'm also playing with 200-250 ping most of the time and that's already noticeable and might feel a bit annoying sometimes.
EU servers will come *soon* tho :)
IGN=Lupina
Last edited by Nesh on Nov 20, 2011, 2:19:41 PM
When you click to run somewhere, it should start running immediately on your client without waiting for the server. Ditto for most attacks/spell casts.

One thing that does feel sluggish that we can fix is when you hold down the mouse button to move then swing it around a lot. It takes 200-300ms to decide to change direction.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
i think i know what the problem is.
its the cast/attack speed i noticed this back in 0.92 with low cast speed its harder to time attacks and end up feeling like its unresponsive
I mean the feeling of just moving things around in your inventory doesn't have that "snap" feeling (maybe its sound and/or color animation related) is an example of this as well.

I hope this is addressed. A "tight" feeling is important to a illusion that you are in control :D

I hate moving items in my inventory, there is too much delay between the click and drop on another slot, this should be repaired :(
I feel like namelock is unresponsive, actually. Often I feel like when I go to click on things, but the time it "takes" I no longer have namelock and end up running towards the enemy instead of attacks (or, in some cases, end up attacking an enemy I hadn't meant to click on instead of running; I actually removed the skill from my Left Click on my 0.9.2 Sparker to eliminate that issue). I don't have any such issues in Diablo II.

Of course, again, these sorts of things would be greatly alleviated if GGG would just implement right-click driving or similar, like every other ARPG.
"
Chris wrote:

One thing that does feel sluggish that we can fix is when you hold down the mouse button to move then swing it around a lot. It takes 200-300ms to decide to change direction.
]

interesting i wonder if this may help me with my problem of losing the location of my pointer...like maybe i am twitch moving and with that slight delay i am getting off track sometimes and lose it. a more prominent pointer option would still really help but this could be a contributing factor as well.
~SotW HC Guild~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info