My Biggest Problem With Path of Exile

I just wanted to relay my biggest problem with Path of Exile in hopes that if it hasn't already been discussed in length that it will.

It's not nerfs. We all know, as gamers, that nerfs will happens. Some we will hate, some we won't really care about, but typically we simply adapt to the nerf and move on with a varied amount of whining here and there.

My real problem with Path of Exile is the downtime between leagues. Now there are many players that are perfectly happy with playing in Standard or Hardcore. I, personally, find Standard unappealing. I'm also, evidently, no suited to Hardcore.

I have enjoyed the temporary leagues a lot, due to fresh starts for all characters and the economy and the special encounters that typically come with new leagues.

Now, my argument isn't which type of league is better. What my argument pertains to is the fact that I simply begin to lose interest in the game as I wait for a new league. I find other things to fill my time. I know I can't be the only one this happens to.

If I am waiting for a new league and I lose interest, I stop buying things in the game. If I'm not playing I'm not spending any money. This, in itself, is detrimental to the game.

I'd like to see GGG become more fluid in their transitions from one league to another.

(I had more that I wanted to say, but ran out of time to post. I'll revisit it later. Thank you)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
be patient
take a break
I personally like a little bit of a break between challenge leagues, it gives me some time to do other stuff and prevents me from getting burnt out on PoE, but I see your point.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I really don't understand why they haven't worked on paid leagues. There's some real untapped potential there.
I'm sure if they could predict months in advance exactly how long it would take for them to finish the next update, they would have a smoother transition. That's not always so easy to do and this patch will be far bigger than anything they've done so far.
I find is somewhat annoying but i'm a patient person with other things to play. Bloodborne and 7 Days to Die are what i've been killing time with currently.
The thing that distinguishes itself in this game vs other games is I WANT to come back and i'm excited every time I do. Funds being non-issue I have tons of games with new DLC and expansions and such that I simple never touch again, even though I really enjoyed the game.

Hmmm that has me thinking maybe i should go on a DLC marathon until the expansion is ready :D
Its actually good for the game. Not what we are going through right now, as GGG scrambles to fill the time with a pushed back Act 4, but the normal downtime between leagues.

It prevents burnout, creates longing, and produces a bigger hype push for the start of new leagues. It may be a bummer if the downtime occupies an awkward time for you personally, but this cyclical ebb and flow is, in fact quite healthy for the game and the community.
Noblesse oblige
I feel you OP, and to the people that say take a break. I don't want to take a break. PoE is my form of releasing stress. If i need a break i can choose so myself. I don't need GGG to tell me that.

Imo there should always be something going on besides boring standard/hc. So much potential there to keep league players entertained. So much lost potential.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I really don't understand why they haven't worked on paid leagues. There's some real untapped potential there.

Spoiler
Soon™

@Thread: My problem is not the downtime between leagues, it gives breathing air to relax before another league.
My issue is the league length, after 2 months they are nearly empty and it gets rather boring.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
I know a few people like you who hate the breaks between leagues but if we were to poll the majority of players I think we would find more in favor of the break.

It helps prevent burn out. Gives people a chance to play around with new build ideas on standard etc. Also gives people a chance to catch up on other games and come back to POE for the next league refreshed and ready to go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info