Lucky and "Lucky"

I have to admit, my luck in this game has probably been above average. I've easily found 50+ exalted orbs and 20+ divine orbs. Found 5 T1 uniques (Soultakerx3, windripper and goddess sword). There is one area where I have a different kind of "luck":

6-Socket and No links (Has happened at least 5 times now) :)

And I've never actually 6l'd in spite of probably using 10k+ fusings on 6 socketed items. Other than the achievement, who cares. I laugh every time this happens.

Another area where I find myself lucky is my transmutes recently. 3 Tyranicals (followed by hillarious regals).

So I'm curious about other peoples experience. Undoubtedly each of us have been very lucky in some ways and cursed in others. Share your story of yin and yang -- I like to think they are complementary because of the worldly balance of lucky versus unlucky (Not that I actually believe in the need for both, just the flattening of said luck over time)

Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 25, 2015, 9:37:16 AM
I'm unlucky finding rare cloth belts. Only found three so far in years of playing. Thing is... each of us has their own personal bally-wicks. That happens in any random process. You notice the unusual patterns that arise and forget the rest. Human nature.

Keep on linking that... if you want it 6Led. You'll get it eventually.
I have never found a T1 unique despite playing for as long as I have. I have 6 linked an item though. I have also found a lot of exalts, but barely any divines.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I guess someone must suffer for others to have fun...as much as u are lucky there is ppl that are equal unlucky on finding anything
IGN: Puskurcina
Ye, i feel you, although for me it's bound to leagues ...

Domination/Nemesis: terrible map luck, great luck with links, average luck with items
Ambush/Invasion: Insane linking luck, terrible item luck
Rampage league and Beyond league: insane map luck, terrible linking luck
Torment and Bloodlines: Everything about average
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm unlucky finding rare cloth belts. Only found three so far in years of playing. Thing is... each of us has their own personal bally-wicks. That happens in any random process. You notice the unusual patterns that arise and forget the rest. Human nature.

Keep on linking that... if you want it 6Led. You'll get it eventually.

I always stop at 5L -- 6L is a luxury. I figure at some point the 6L will happen, and it will be glorious when it does. If not, no biggie.

That is actually one area that I have also been lucky, 5L tends to happen in under 100 fusings (although i've gone to 500+ before).

It's funny how our memory works that way. When it comes to bad human experiences, we tend to start remembering the good times (excluding hugely traumatic experience obviously) but we tend to remember the bad luck more so than the good. That's how it appears to me honestly -- purely anecdotal evidence to support that statement though.

Edit:

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm unlucky finding rare cloth belts. Only found three so far in years of playing.

That's insane.
Last edited by Nubatron on Apr 25, 2015, 12:05:46 PM
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
I guess someone must suffer for others to have fun...as much as u are lucky there is ppl that are equal unlucky on finding anything

For one man to truly be free 100 others must be slaves.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I fear for the day my RNG will drop to the ground or the hammer will strike lightning uppon my blessed soul.

I always, I mean ALWAYS, have good RNG in this game. Every league I start out I got all the gear I want within a couple of days which actually sucks as there is only mapping/ leveling left after that. I cannot count how many guildys have quit because my RNG is so good(true fact!).

Summup of my findings:

I found about 25-30 exalts
1 eternal
1 Crown of eyes
chanced a soultaker
First uberrun I ever did I got acuitys
6L 5 items most of them just random when going for 5L and within a couple dozen of fusings(5L I mostly get within 20 fusings of trying)

Even yesterday I was just messing arround to 6L a volls protector(got about 5 5L so far in 200 fusings) so when I had 20 fusings left I thought I try my 5L/6S ilevel 77 harbinger bow I was crafting. It went straight from 5L to 6L on first fusings :D.

Today I found a Mjolner :/ in a random unIDed 66 yellow map I did.

Only crafting is where I lack RNG even tho I got plenty of Tyranicals on my bow I cant seem to get that good regal in. But im not complaining :D.

double post.
Last edited by Ruffneck058 on Apr 25, 2015, 12:44:37 PM
I was leveling a GS staff character, got a pillar of the caged gods for 1c then I 20q it and the 1 jeweler got me a 6 socket, 4 link. That's about the extent of my luck in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info