Divination Cards and Path to Exile

"
Commoble wrote:
The only "wind" effect I can think of offhand is Haku's sandstorms, which are also physical.

more spells that get reduced by armor seems like a good thing considering the general community shames armor at this point in time.
Ignorance usually lasts longer than a weekend.

But then again, a god doesn't freely share his knowledge with mortals ...
Chris just said on ZiggyD's stream the 2 things Divination Cards are meant to address:

1) Having a way of working towards a long term goal of acquiring a specific unique.

2) something else.... I don't remember because I was distracted thinking about 1)
"
Qiox wrote:
Chris just said on ZiggyD's stream the 2 things Divination Cards are meant to address:

1) Having a way of working towards a long term goal of acquiring a specific unique.

2) something else.... I don't remember because I was distracted thinking about 1)

Just one is all I remember lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Qiox wrote:

Yeah! Just read something of that kind on reddit. I'll probably watch the associated video tomorrow!

My first thought is that it would be a way for us to 'craft' uniques in some way, going on the 'divination' aspect; however, crafting or predetermining unique drops seemed like it might be out of the realm of what GGG intended for uniques.

Then again it also makes sense that they would do something like that - I have a faint memory of reading something from a very long time ago that unique drops were not necessarily meant to be the 'top end' drops: that a rare could potentially be more powerful, but finding the mods and perfect rolls would take a lot more time.

I'm very excited for the new expansion, regardless! I'm *really* hoping we'll get a more distinguished passive tree to go along with the new skill meta!
Spoiler
"
xSunday wrote:
"
lavaKudzu wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:
"Earth" is already associated with physical damage -- and let's be honest, getting hit in the face with a rock is pretty physical.

Oh wow...it would be pretty nice to have a herald of earth type buff where your entire arms turn into giant rocks....the ground would pull itself up to strengthen the character and constantly reform and wind-out at the vestiges.

After which whenever you were hit by an inclusive attack, the rock formations surrounding your upper body and arms could instantly turn and throw out earth to deflect the attack! :D
"
xSunday wrote:

herald of earth would be pretty sweet. there's no defensive herald yet an ggg has been going crazy with "global defense" stats. it seems pretty fitting.

What would you like to see such a herald do?

I would at least want to run the herald alongside one of the current ones, but that really depends what it does. If we also imagined it with offensive capabilities we probably wouldn't get anything else early on...hmm...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info