40h enough for 5days race?

short answerer no 40 hours is not enough
I dont see any any key!
40 hours might be enough to hit 70 in both, though.
To be blunt, no, not even close

You'll easily be able to get about the requirement to enter the lotto, but I doubt you would even break top 200 with only 40 hours invested.

Long and short of it is, some people don't have to work or don't go to school or can get out of doing either of these things for 5 days and then can invest full-time into this race.

You could maybe hope a vast majority of these people are in the beta already and won't do the race, but from speaking to lots of people even ones in the BETA, everyone is pretty keen for a 5 day race :(

That's not to discourage you from going all out in the time that you do have though.
I assume most of the top spots will be won by those people who play in 2-3 man shifts on the same character.
You contest with people who will spend 100 (out of 120) hours or more. What do you expect?
Last edited by kruemel2222 on Apr 24, 2015, 10:27:55 PM
Nope wont be enough.
Fast players are normally ready to map after ~8hours. So if you stop the first two days you wont stand a chance.

Looking forward to the hc race. >)
"
StrangeCloud wrote:
your probably looking at more like 90- 100 hours. If you wish to have a chance at top 35. sounds crazy but people will literally sleep for just a few hours a day, not go outside, eat hotpockets every meal, and Grind all day.

i foresee major reeps in the top ~100 :D
maybe 60-70hrs and "carefull" play will do the job

its still alot tho

"
Chris wrote:

This is a hardcore event. Death eliminates you from the league. There is also a standard version available.
70hours possibly if your got got the tight class.. there will be alot of nolifers around so braise your self :D
"
It would probably be easier to get double 70 than being in top 35.

This. I would even say triple. People will be about 92-93 in 5 days. Streamers are entering the race. There will be at least 15 racers in the hardcore league alone. Top 35 is extremely hard
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Apr 25, 2015, 2:30:16 AM
"
Keks22 wrote:
70hours possibly if your got got the tight class.. there will be alot of nolifers around so braise your self :D

"5 days with very little sleep and the competition is always right behind you" will lead to a very reepy race :D

take the 1mhc race for example, most of the "pro racers" died multiple times, like nugi and raizQT and had to fight their way back.
but this time its only 5days, so if they die for any reason, they probably wont come back.

ya, maybe 60-70hrs is "very optimistic" but hey, its worth a shot & don't forget, its the first solo self found league ever! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info