RAN 7 PLATEAU MAPS TODAY

My point was more that anuharts statement holds true in an "endless time frame" while RNG is much more volatile in a limited time scope such as 3 months.

But whatever :), irrelevant.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
this thread has more pages than the sample size of maps ran, lol

cant wait till people start qqing after running one or two maps without any drops...

and the FUNNIEST shit was that there were actually two +1 drops out of these 7 too
"
Splift wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Splift wrote:
Once you get a strong pool going and lvl 8 zana its easy to stay in 76 plus while spending barely any currency to roll.

My zana has been lvl 8 for 5 months now and i do them every day
Dunno what to say to that.

Ever since forsaken masters + carto boxes maps have been a non issue for me. I never feel pressured to even alc or chaos maps and just do it for fun. Just chisel and pack size or magic mobs.
"
k1rage wrote:

Its hard for me to get a master to lvl 8 before the league ends

I must be bad :(
Are you doing daily rotas? AFAIK it only takes 15 to get lvl 8.

n=1. I'm not saying everyone needs to be a scientist to play games full of RNG but please, for the love of all that's holy, understand what that means before saying 'well, my experience...'
zero problems building and maintaining map pool playing SSF in torment.

and in standard, Im overflown with maps to the point I have too much of 74- maps to even use chisel recipe.

I havent bought a map/traded for a map in any league in nearly 2 years at this point.

maps are easier than ever to sustain nowadays. you just cant run less than 10 maps and then complain about drops. this game is about grind. get a bigger sample size. sure, to sustain 76+, you'll need some currency. it goes without saying. people used to exalt 77 maps. think about that for a minute.
"
davidnn5 wrote:

n=1. I'm not saying everyone needs to be a scientist to play games full of RNG but please, for the love of all that's holy, understand what that means before saying 'well, my experience...'

n=1 as in one trial per player? If so it's clearly fallacious. A player who does 10k coin flips and player who does 10 coin flips clearly possess different statistical relevancy. The number of trials - the proverbial coin flip - is number of maps ran, not a players experience.
0 maps from a ~70%+ packsize crematorium 76 map with double boss.
then this

from a 0% mirrored white shrine 77 map.

go figure.
"
kompaniet wrote:
then this

go figure.

RNG is RNG.

OpieOP,

-Kappa-
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
kompaniet wrote:
then this

go figure.

Thats why I just run most maps blue, its vastly cheaper to choose beneficial mods, while also avoiding the danger or boredom of the shittier mods. From what ive seen from the past year of testing is the amount and quality of monsters you can roll with a blue tends to outweigh the item quantity of yellows. Though I do still roll 77/78 yellow.
HAIL SATAN!
"
grepman wrote:
"
davidnn5 wrote:

n=1 as in one trial per player? If so it's clearly fallacious. A player who does 10k coin flips and player who does 10 coin flips clearly possess different statistical relevancy. The number of trials - the proverbial coin flip - is number of maps ran, not a players experience.

Yes, which is my point.

My experience is my experience. "I", the indefinite article, may be able to say that you can sustain 78 maps run white... but, what "I" probably don't mention is it's as long as you run 10000 lower level maps per 78, or run with domination every map, or get a whole load of lucky carto boxes (random is random, after all). There is no before and after information - for example, that my build uses herald of thunder and crits all day and therefore hits every environmental object (which can give maps). These vary on a map by map basis.

"X maps are sustainable easily" means nothing and provides no information to others. There are so many variables - domination, randomness, time played per day, zana level, maps played, number of maps at a given level, environmental objects hit, that people who say 'but brah, it's just like soooooooo eezy to sustain 78s!' are really just measuring the proverbial.
I dont do many 78's and i dont care, i like to take my time and use tons of a bit lower to build the pool up then when i actually play a couple 76-77-78 i take it as dessert My sweet cake of the week. Never bought a map. probably will at some point but i'm sailing my way slowly having fun.

Last edited by Fausimo on Apr 26, 2015, 10:00:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info