RAN 7 PLATEAU MAPS TODAY

"
jackof8lades wrote:
Why is the availabilety of end game maps so fucking random, i seriously dont get it

Because shopping game.

Even content and challenge don't escape the design, which is first and foremost an economy sim.
Casually casual.

"
yungwhiz wrote:

More nitpicking. Fine. If I gave you 10 76 maps. Would you bet against me? Think of the last 10 76's you did and be honest. And do you believe the game is not purposefully set up for you to end up with less maps than you started? Obviously ommiting 66-low 70's before you nitpick about that too.

Since I'm a notorious gambler and the odds are in my favour, of course I would :) And no I don't believe that, why would I? The data (and my experience fwiw) suggests otherwise. You will go through phases of bad rng, but they will get outweighed by the phases of good rng so it doesn't matter.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I dont see any any key!
"
Miská wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

More nitpicking. Fine. If I gave you 10 76 maps. Would you bet against me? Think of the last 10 76's you did and be honest. And do you believe the game is not purposefully set up for you to end up with less maps than you started? Obviously ommiting 66-low 70's before you nitpick about that too.

That's not even a challenge. If you have 76's to begin with you have all the tools needed to maintain a map pool. Wether you do is up to you. Stop waiting for drops and take RNG in your own hands. There is alot of valuable stuff to be had in 75+ maps.

I don't have a map problem. I have plenty. My problem is people claiming it's some super secret or like you say "taking RNG in to your own hands". I have the maps because I was lucky. I am not going to pretend there is some sort of skill behind winning the lottery. Also what do you have to say to people who can't get a decent lot of 76's to begin with? Git Gud? Bs
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Why is the availabilety of end game maps so fucking random, i seriously dont get it

Because shopping game.

Even content and challenge don't escape the design, which is first and foremost an economy sim.

I truly wonder sometimes what do people like yourself desire from a game like this? I can only imagine. I enjoy finding treasures in every part of this game. Even if not for my specific build for someone else his build. So i can sell it and buy something for me. Self found would be a horrible addition to this game, you don't need to treat it as an economy sim if you don't want to. You are to black and white, i would say PoE is somewhere in the middle for sure, trading is hard to bypass completely, but you could keep it to a minimum and enjoy every aspect of this game without a problem.

"
yungwhiz wrote:

I don't have a map problem. I have plenty. My problem is people claiming it's some super secret or like you say "taking RNG in to your own hands". I have the maps because I was lucky. I am not going to pretend there is some sort of skill behind winning the lottery. Also what do you have to say to people who can't get a decent lot of 76's to begin with? Git Gud? Bs

You truly believe the map RNG before the high level ones are a problem? I'm always swimming in <74 maps before no time in a new league. And i don't think there is any RNG needed to maintain a high map pool. Not a single bit. There are SO MANY valuables dropping in 75+ maps you would be a fool to be broke running them, either that or just not experienced enough to know what's good.
Last edited by Miská on Apr 24, 2015, 12:56:05 PM
"
Miská wrote:
people like yourself

Was there something in my post you didn't agree with?

Confused at rant.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 24, 2015, 1:02:00 PM
"
Miská wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Because shopping game.

I truly wonder sometimes what do people like yourself desire from a game like this? I can only imagine. I enjoy finding treasures in every part of this game. Even if not for my specific build for someone else his build. So i can sell it and buy something for me. Self found would be a horrible addition to this game, you don't need to treat it as an economy sim if you don't want to. You are to black and white, i would say PoE is somewhere in the middle for sure, trading is hard to bypass completely, but you could keep it to a minimum and enjoy every aspect of this game without a problem.

"
yungwhiz wrote:

You truly believe the map RNG before the high level ones are a problem? I'm always swimming in <74 maps before no time in a new league. And i don't think there is any RNG needed to maintain a high map pool. Not a single bit. There are SO MANY valuables dropping in 75+ maps you would be a fool to be broke running them, either that or just not experienced enough to know what's good.

I don't think anyone disagrees map pools are easy to maintain if you just buy them.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

Since I'm a notorious gambler and the odds are in my favour, of course I would :) And no I don't believe that, why would I? The data (and my experience fwiw) suggests otherwise. You will go through phases of bad rng, but they will get outweighed by the phases of good rng so it doesn't matter.

I believe you. I also believe I would be $100 richer but I know I can't convince you otherwise.
"
yungwhiz wrote:

I don't think anyone disagrees map pools are easy to maintain if you just buy them.

Then what's the problem? If you could sustain a map pool easily, they wouldnt be worth a damn thing. You wouldn't be exited over a cartho any longer, and you would just be running high end maps even on lower chars, since map = trash anyway.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
people like yourself

Was there something in my post you didn't agree with?

Confused at rant.

Yes, you pretending this is a trading simulator.
"
Miská wrote:
Yes, you pretending this is a trading simulator.

Did you really just say that?

"
Chris wrote:
Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info