kinda scared of the possible OPness of Consuming dark

Increased chaos damage DOES work on spells -- if the damage is spell damage.

Damage-over-time effects (such as from Desecrate and the poison debuff) are never considered spell damage, however.

"
Kenzorz wrote:
I like that it converts fire damage specifically.

You could go Avatar of Fire with anything and make a 100% chaos build using these two items. Might be weak with lightning skills though.

Avatar of Fire also makes you deal no non-fire damage, so if you converted everything to chaos damage you'd do no damage.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
DELETED (I was wrong)
Last edited by ffogell on Apr 23, 2015, 1:43:58 PM
"
"
Antnee wrote:
Edit Edit: At the very least, every single non-lightning spellcaster is going to want one, simply for the fact that you could swap it for your main weapon and never worry about reflect maps again. Especially in hardcore leagues, that makes it extremely valuable.

What is the point of non-lightning spellcasters if not for the elemental effects, though??

To uh... kill shit? As far as I know, status effects are just a nice side effect of damage that you can build around. I may have been playing a different game, so I could be confused there.

"

This is why I think you aren't making any sense. Voltaxic Rift exists and it is better than this new unique and infernal mantle *combined*, because it lets your chaos damage fucking shock things.

Annnnnd that's where you're taking your opinion and making it fact. Voltaxic is extremely limited. You either have to use an attack, which can only scale as high as the stats on the bow itself allow, or a lightning spell... which is extremely suboptimal since you can't have a shield (which has stats to scale spells) and you're using a friggin BOW. This dagger is extremely versatile. There are tons of skills that can potentially work with it, and work really well.

"

People that insist on using fire or cold spells because "they like how they look" get absolutely no respect from me if they're trying to simultaneously theorycraft actual efficacy. If you want to make an effective build, start with something actually effective.

Ah, so you're a "shatterchuck or nothing" player. I can see why you may have trouble with your imagination here.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 23, 2015, 1:56:20 PM
I *wrote* the Voltaxic caster guide, and I still think this thing is better. By a LOT, Shock or no.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
I feel like it piggy backs off of the downside of infernal mmantle. With the changes to EB getting lots of mana regen will be pain, and if you cast purely from ES you would have to leave 35% unreserved mana that could be an extra aura or pair of heralds.
Just throwin this out there, you could totally skip the Mantle.

At most, 18% of 25% of your damage is reflected back to you. Before resists. It's practically negligible at that point.

Edit: If you dealt a 10,000 damage blow, you would only receive 112 damage back after (75%) resists.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 23, 2015, 2:17:08 PM
a melee build with Mace doryani's catalist plus glacial hammer and pyre ring with this dagger plus maybe crown of eye/ three dragon and also blood magic + the new Eldritch battery for no mana problem with troll mantle?

Templar

why glacial hammer? 50% phys to cold -> to fire with pyre ring, which use only the primary mace and not the dagger so no DPS lose

glacial hammer + added fire + WED + phys to lightning + melee phys + multistrike!
hatred+herald of ash

with three dragon your lightning damage will freeze but you lose the shock.

With crown of eye you gain the spells damage on dagger plus amulet and also some nodes with double dip in templar tree, Elemental nodes are powerfull because of the 100% total conversion but we dont have PENETRATION skill gem which is a lose.
But no reflect problem and more than 80% of the damage (hatred added fire glacial hammer herald of ash) boosted by WED deals poison.

Abyssus could be used too with a monotarget critical strike herald of ash setup, without the reflect downside (you will not oneshot yourself with 80% chaos damage!!!). So we could remove the multi strike and add chance to crit or crit mult or even power charge on crit somewhee.

The gem Cold to fire could be AWESOME if you use the Hrimsorrow gloves 25 % physical to cold damage, instead of phys to lightning but we lose 25% elemental conversion and the ability to freeze with 3D( glacial hammer has chance to freeze so it's sad to lose it).

This dagger has a lot of possibilities, it's awesome.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Should add [Act 4 Spoiler] to title.
"
Antnee wrote:
Just throwin this out there, you could totally skip the Mantle.

At most, 18% of 25% of your damage is reflected back to you. Before resists. It's practically negligible at that point.

Edit: If you dealt a 10,000 damage blow, you would only receive 112 damage back after (75%) resists.

That's true. But without 100% conversion you lose damage on your poisons and trade it for ignites that might be so low they don't take effect. Depends on the spell. But to me that is still balanced. Trade DPS to shrug off reflect damage.

That item makes adapting to the flame totem changes a bit easier. So not looking forward to possibly having to re-chroma the mantle for something besides GMP. I can't think of anything else to stick in a green slot once you pull GMP out.

I'm already using dual-daggers, too, after ditching wand+shield. I was thinking of going Three Dragons for the extra shock chance - now, if you get Consuming Dark, you won't have to. Doing 100% Chaos means no igniting, so no shocking. It also means swapping out that ring for something else, probably. The fire damage increase is nice, but no point because it's primarily for the increased ignite. There's other items that do just as well, and crafting something together and then dropping a master's suffix on there might do better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info