Rare Skill Tree Jewels vs Unique

I think it'll be more or less the way uniques versus rares are now.
There will be unique jewels that will unlock OP builds that everybody uses before it gets nerfed. And even then, will accomplish some builds more cheaply than if you attempted to do it with a rare.

Yeah, you could roll a perfect caster staff. Or you could just use Searing Touch.
Yeah, you could get a perfect armor chest. Or you could use Belly of the Beast.
Yeah, you could get a perfect armor shield. But in the meanwhile, Lioneye's Remorse is pretty cheap.
Yeah, you could do evasion and ES. But in practice, you'll just run Cloak of Defiance, AA and EB until the day they nerf it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Apr 23, 2015, 5:34:43 PM
ZiggyDLive tested exalting Rare jewels on his stream today.
He tested on what looked like a 5 mod jewel. Could not add another mod
He tested on a 4 mod jewel. Could not add another mod.

Pretty sure its 4 max mods on a Rare Jewel
I've seen a 5-line jewel, but I'm pretty sure it was because one of the affixes was a double affix (like "mana and spell damage" or "ipd and accuracy").

2 pre-, 2 suffixes seems to be the limit.

As for rares versus uniques, feels like the rares just blow most of the uniques out of the water except for a few ungodly powerful uniques. In short, pretty much just like regular itemization. :P
"
pneuma wrote:
I've seen a 5-line jewel, but I'm pretty sure it was because one of the affixes was a double affix (like "mana and spell damage" or "ipd and accuracy").

2 pre-, 2 suffixes seems to be the limit.

As for rares versus uniques, feels like the rares just blow most of the uniques out of the water except for a few ungodly powerful uniques. In short, pretty much just like regular itemization. :P

Exactly my thoughts, thx buddy.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
hey what do you know, 4 mods :)
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Apr 23, 2015, 7:08:01 PM
Interesting items for sure./

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info