Rare Skill Tree Jewels vs Unique

Anyone thinking that rare skill tree jewels will end up being more powerful than most unique ones? I haven't seen m(any) yet, all the ones on reddit are the unique variety. But we know ggg's stance on the whole unique/rare philosophy, basically rares can roll better 'stat' and be BiS, and uniques are more geared towards, well unique mods that are build enabling.

tldr; wish we knew more about rare jewels, what they can roll, etc. Seems all the info being reported out of beta atm is on the unique ones.

Anyone out in beta-land, feel free to chime in!
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
yes because for most builds there will be 1-2 uninques they will really want and the good ones are limited to 1 only.

With the rest you will want some nice 6 stat rare jewellers.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I think mirror-worthy jewels will be almost universally better than unique jewels. Exceptions will be e.g. summoners, who benefit greatly from that "bonuses in range apply to minions" jewel, at very specific locations in the tree.

But in the end, the top non-summoner builds will have multiple jewel slots full of multiple copies of the exact same mirrored jewel. And axn will get richer!

Anyway, there are already some completely worthless unique jewels, like Atziri's Reign.
"
andkamen wrote:
yes because for most builds there will be 1-2 uninques they will really want and the good ones are limited to 1 only.

With the rest you will want some nice 6 stat rare jewellers.

Is it confirmed that jewels can have 6 stats? I know that every other rare item currently in the game can, but six stats on a jewel seems like a lot- especially when you compare it to some of the paltry offerings we've seen from a lot of the uniques.
-Anubis Hotep
Keep in mind that you just cannot socket anywhere on the tree. You need to activate an empty socket before you can use it. And these sockets are scattered loosely in the passive tree.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
KhelThuzad wrote:
Keep in mind that you just cannot socket anywhere on the tree. You need to activate an empty socket before you can use it. And these sockets are scattered loosely in the passive tree.

Good point- what is the average number that a lvl 80ish char is likely to reach? 6? 8?
-Anubis Hotep
we have not seen the final version of the tree.. if you want a lot of jewel slots
I think 6 will be a pretty attainable number.

as far as I know, rare jewels can have only 4 mods.
Chris confirmed they have huge affix pools at least 100+..
however I think they can roll tons of stuff and less tiers of those stuff..
and only 4 mods total so they will be far from impossible to craft.

The fact that you may need 4,5,6, or more jewels for your build will make it pretty tough.
but hey, that's cool.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"
GDSLICK wrote:
we have not seen the final version of the tree.. if you want a lot of jewel slots
I think 6 will be a pretty attainable number.

as far as I know, rare jewels can have only 4 mods.
Chris confirmed they have huge affix pools at least 100+..
however I think they can roll tons of stuff and less tiers of those stuff..
and only 4 mods total so they will be far from impossible to craft.

The fact that you may need 4,5,6, or more jewels for your build will make it pretty tough.
but hey, that's cool.

Thanks for the input mate. I'm assuming that they can be corrupted just like the uniques, and if they can gain implicit mods, then a truly BiS rare jewel will not be mirrorable, which I like. And if only 4 mods, then like you said, much easier to craft for the average person.

I don't see a market here for 'mirror-worthy' jewels if they are so easily crafted, especially since the truly best ones will be corrupted for a kind of 5th stat if you will.
-Anubis Hotep
I have explicitly seen a 5-mod jewel on stream. Are there known hybrid jewel mods? If there are not hybrid jewel mods, then yes, it is confirmed that that singular reviewer that claimed that all rare jewels have 4 mods was talking out of his ass. If there are, then we have to wait for someone to try to use an exalted orb on a rare jewel.
hrmm. was not "talking out of my ass"
but we will see.

remember, what you see on a stream was in a beta..
and it is also possible it was nothing more then a hybrid mod.

but, again. we will see.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info