Incinerate tank still viable? Need suggestions.

With the nerfs to block chance and that nerf on Cloak of Defiance I was wondering if incinerate tank build still is viable. I´ve tried to make a build that would counter the loss of block and the extra 10% reduction from Defiance.

The idea is to have 5 Endurance charges up at all time and with armor from gear be at around 40% Reduction. Using 2 curses with one being Enfeeble to futher increase my tankiness. Im not using Imortal Call becuase I need the endurance charges up at all time.

I would appreciate any suggestions to the skill tree or any toughts on survivability.

What my build would bring at lvl 80:

* 5 Endurance charges

* 57% Block with Tempest shield and The anvil

* With 53 All res I would be able to focus my gear on HP/mana

* Taking Mind over Matter in the skill tree will allow me to bring a more defensive chest pieace

* Iron Reflexes would let me easier obtain armor gear

* With base mana, Discipline aura and Rathspite globe my mana would be around 1924

Cons

* Need 1+ Curse on The Anvil to be able to run Enfeeble and Elemental Weakness for more offence and defence.

* With Discipline, Herald of Ice, Clarity and Tempest Shield running I would be at 294 mana unreserved(just counting base mana, Disipline and rathspite).

* Only 118% Increase life, will that be enough?

Gem Links

Head: Disciple, Hearald of Ice, Clarity, Reduce Mana

Shield: Increase Area of Effect, Enduring Cry, Elemental Weakness

Weapon: Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduce Duration

Gloves: CWDT, Enduring Cry, Molten Shield, Decoy Totem

Boots: Curse on hit, Enfeeble, Tempest shield, Reduce Mana

Chest(5L): Incinerate, LMP, Spell Echo, Added Chaos Damage, Life Leech

Unique items

Rathspite Globe
The Anvil
Cybil's Paw
Rainbowstride (Maybe)

Bandits

Oak
Kill
Kill(Oak better for more charges?)

Lvl 80 Talent tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAHt9PVrM_vrxKyIqvkBGC5FuvFSAqTT8nhTJ08RjbQKAhYKyvDPeplcC_XhPiLAkz0TbE9jwtxq63Pj0P_lQNzStQHM77qgY5JIvzBlFg7Dg62Hy7GjiQVScvnz4t0uvuKPqCx_noQYdTUkWdmuBMswQHHwI2xdgkpwi4k9sLgh7B85UgLR86WFXGg9tqQ8BUvOprFwj0gpss6d0N2L3-CjWStfJuql8q6-QqOKluEuGi6u9OgKRV1mTnFy_60maewBoppU4q

LvL 99 Talent tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAHt9PVrM_vrxKyIqvkBGC5FuvFSAqTT8nhTJ08RjbQKAhYKyvDPeplcC_XhPiLAkz0TbE9jwtxq63Pj0P_lQNzStQHM77qgY5JIvzBlFg7Dg62Hy7GjiQVScvnz4t0uvuKPqCx_noQYdTUkWdmuBMswQHHwI2xdgkpwi4k9sLgh7B85UgLR86WFXGg9tqQ8BUvOprFwj02WEZLiftdqzPfq2Nkc5XDXk5fuLp1Z7N0iGCmyzp3Q3Yvf4KNZK18m6qXyrr5Co4qW5N4_6POuGmVxLhourvToCkVdZk5xcv-tJmnsAaKaVOKg==
Last edited by Banjaofdoom on Apr 23, 2015, 5:43:21 AM
I can't help you with your proposed incinerate tank build, but I can tell you that it is certainly still possible to build a very strong tank using incinerate.

My own passive regen ES incinerate tank has done very well so far (up to level 87) and will only grow stronger, but is obviously built around completely different principles than yours is.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
I just made an incinerate tank over the last week and it is insane :)
75 block, 75 spell block (with rumi, otherwise around 69)
high evasion, ondar's guile
lightning coil, MoM and AA
It just doesn't die and the damage is still more than enough to have a high clear speed. Ran my first 66map at level 53 (barely over 1k hitpoints at the time), pretty much as soon as I got into merciless

This is roughly the tree I made and am working towards:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABvryzP09WHt-C5JARiq9KyD8nKk0VINE2CTPiLHgNvooB3ITvYuxNRsGChNlHfr02ZU3EuNX4dO167wUtYEteE0CgwL-plQz3rK8LYXlowQRfPxo-fuJ5OenV_MVW-qOKTGDXyz3iSO4brWegh3bjn0p9I_ZNko19MHx_K9aKIWB08YUyUUeNvwW1wuy0xTqtb4T_HIIe2wvB85Ugaxe86sBUakMI9G0ZvYJXK_6zLR9Ms0JLhcXfvmKsbIydqi_Mbqq18qluGNsUdRQg7w5QRzWS2L2io3_GEZYOSOOENj0EB4PbVcY6WOvkXyp31xuX

gear:

still work in progress though, especially the rings need multimodded and crafted once I know exactly what I need, at the moment it works fine as is. Also looking for a 1% fire leech cybil still and of course 4% block lazwhar, but I am poor so that may take a while.
Last edited by blubbber on Apr 23, 2015, 11:05:16 AM
IMO you should wait atm when doing build using either LMP / GMP since with act 4 as far as I know shotgunning mobs won't be possible anymore.

I'm sure there will be adjustments to spell dmg, gems and such but again IMO it cant hurt to be patient.
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
The build you made Blubbber got more hp%, more block and more mana... I wish I saw your suggestions before I hit lvl 40. It´s a good build and I will steal it from you. Now I have to go and make a new scion.
glad I could help :)
with a legacy perandus crest you can get to 75% block without having to use rumis, but with all the increased defence from shield nodes, I preferred daressos courage with its higher armor and evasion rating.
Last edited by blubbber on Apr 24, 2015, 10:27:19 AM
How did you go with the Oak on normal? Is the 40 Life worth taking or is it better to take another 5% hp node?
"
IMO you should wait atm when doing build using either LMP / GMP since with act 4 as far as I know shotgunning mobs won't be possible anymore.

I'm sure there will be adjustments to spell dmg, gems and such but again IMO it cant hurt to be patient.

so you suggest that he waits for 4-6 months? x_x
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
4 to 6 months?!!! Beta is 6-8 weeks, thats 2 months...then off to release, even if they delay I highly doubt its more than a week or 2 at most! lol
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Apr 25, 2015, 10:38:10 AM
I went for life/cast speed/passive skill point

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info