the kripparian hype train. im feeling fruity.

The problem with HS is it's a P2W game unless you play an eternity.

The basic concept is solid but every 3-4 months they will introduce new cards making you spend another 200+ bucks for a completion.

The game will fail on the long run because it attracts no new players. The made a mobile release but that was the last push from now on the playerbase will constantly fall and rise a bit after new card introduction.

There were better indieconcepts for CCG.
On the long run it means under Blizz sponsorship he needs to return to D3 or WoW/play SC2, HotS or Overwatch.

I was wondering the same thing. Where is the POE video?

I also think he may have to upload x amount of HS videos a day for x amount of months for x amount of x.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
"
Grughal wrote:
He'll probably make a video. Otherwise he'd be "wasting" 2 days of gameplay footage.

I don't get all this hate Hearthstone is getting. I feel like it is actually a really solid game.

hhollllld hoooooooold ooooon a sec... HHoooooollld on....

Hearthstone is one of the worst designed games ever. Don't get me wrong, the presentation is glorious. That's what they got right. But everything else makes the game amount to a ticking time bomb of bad game mechanics.

Hearthstone is going to implode upon itself due to oversimplistic design: We see this in the fact that 2 sets in, and we already have a situation where new cards are stepping on the toes of old cards. New legendaries have no where to go.Because the design space is so narrow that they aren't even ALLOWED to do anything as card designers. Look at Majordomo Executus. If you were trying to sell cards in a card game would you design a card like that? Probably not. So why would Blizzard charge money for a card taht even Kripp himself, Mr. Blizzard 4 Life Hearthstone All Day Erry day calls "worthless". You release a card like that, because the design space has no bandwidth. In HS you either have a deathrattle or a battle cry. You're either shadow word pain bait, or big game hunter food. You're either better than everything else or you're useless. And since the blizzard team is still reeling from their Dr. Boom fiasco which they've yet to properly address they erred on the side of uselessness. And they were right to do it!! Becaues to make a card that is better than Dr. Boom or Ysera would have been even worse!! So players have to feel releived that they were sold a useless card because of how the game mechnics work for Hearthstone.

This is why Kripp loses his credibility with me each and everytime he tries to say that HS is "awesome". I still happen to be subbed to him. And the last video I watched was where a player did 32 points of damage to Kripps hero from anb EMPTY BOARD!! Krip even knew the combo was probably coming and he coudln't do anything about it. So he sat there and laughed and said, "this is awesome" as he was defeated in one turn from a situation where there was NO COUNTER whatosever!

That's not awesome. That's bad game design. Kripp's supposed to be smarter than that. In fact he is. He says it's awesome because it's easy money to say it's awesome. I can't believe that he says it's awesome for any other reason than that.

Last edited by BearCares on Apr 22, 2015, 8:50:27 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:
The problem with HS is it's a P2W game unless you play an eternity.

The basic concept is solid but every 3-4 months they will introduce new cards making you spend another 200+ bucks for a completion.

The game will fail on the long run because it attracts no new players. The made a mobile release but that was the last push from now on the playerbase will constantly fall and rise a bit after new card introduction.

There were better indieconcepts for CCG.
On the long run it means under Blizz sponsorship he needs to return to D3 or WoW/play SC2, HotS or Overwatch.

Like every other "card" game ever?

I wouldn't play Hearthstone on PC either but then again, I never played Pokemon on PC and I think it's one of the best game series ever made. I have played the shit out of generations 1-5 on Gameboy Color, Advanced, DS and mobile phone.
Anyone knows when exactly the month league ends? In terms of in how mamy hours
"
Grughal wrote:
Like every other "card" game ever?

No there are unfairly designed ones like all Wizard of the Coast Card games.

Just look at Magic. I played that in the 90s for some years and even back then they abandoned many effects. Created new just to kill them again and over the years they took cardrules from their other card games for a test.

The only rules they kept were Trample, Flying, landwalk, firststrike, vigilance, summon sickness and protection from x, (regeneration?)

Tons of rules got dropped like Rampage, Banding (with others), Flanking, phasing, comulative upkeep, echo. There certainly are more.

But because it's an online game they will just remove effects over time.

And there are card games where all cards are available for everybody and unlocking classes or new complete sets is the goal. They are closer to Mobas or RPGs. Example would be Munchkin.

Who are you to question the will of God Almighty who sits on High?
Kripp won't play again, He knows himself that this game burned him out.

Bored!
Last edited by 0RadiusTwo on Apr 22, 2015, 10:28:43 PM
"
Grughal wrote:
He'll probably make a video. Otherwise he'd be "wasting" 2 days of gameplay footage.

I don't get all this hate Hearthstone is getting. I feel like it is actually a really solid game.

I think it's less about the game itself than about the fact that Kripp is playing it 24/7 for almost 2 years straight now. The whole "pro streamer/entertainer" turn he took didn't help I guess. Many people are pissed about that and instead of moving on they have to hate I guess. I just don't watch Kripp anymore and the guy can do what he wants to do, he owes me nothing. I just don't like Hearthstone (or watching someone playing it) and I'm not going on Twitch to be happy for someone because he moved on with his life or whatever. There are enough good quality PoE streamers on Twitch to just leave Kripp where he is and not have to blame him to do what a lot of us would have probably done anyway.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Apr 23, 2015, 5:08:19 AM
I prefer ZiggyD. It's almost always nice in there, even though he may not be as popular as Kripp.
I like many kinds of games 😊

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info