bloodlust gem, useless?

the only node i can see on the tree is a 6% chance to cause bleed, plus theres like no uniques that help that except binos right? so now the price will go way up again. there needs to be more nodes that give chance to bleed. or another gem alltogether that is like chance to ignite where its chance to bleed. otherwise no one will use this gem trust me...
Here until the end.
There's 5% chance to bleed in Marauder sword cluster, 8% chance to bleed on new 1H sword base; Atziri's Disfavour, Tora's weapons and Puncture gem always cause bleeding.
Last edited by Spede_P on Apr 22, 2015, 10:56:12 AM
It's a gem that actively promotes multi-skill usage and weaving of skill combo's.

I like it, a lot.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I think the main reason it's "useless" is that if you've got the bleed going, you're likely not going to benefit much from a damage increase. A bonus on top of a bonus typically isn't as good as it sounds.

I don't agree that it will be useless. You might use bleed effects as a debuff on bosses for example, without relying on the bleed for most of the damage. It wont be best-in-show, but it wont be useless either.
it has it's uses,none for feeble minds though
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think the main reason it's "useless" is that if you've got the bleed going, you're likely not going to benefit much from a damage increase. A bonus on top of a bonus typically isn't as good as it sounds.

I don't agree that it will be useless. You might use bleed effects as a debuff on bosses for example, without relying on the bleed for most of the damage. It wont be best-in-show, but it wont be useless either.

Thats just it though, if its not good in high levels or map or w/e then its "useless" in my book because why use it over something that is better or more reliable u know?
Here until the end.
"
pookyfied wrote:
the only node i can see on the tree is a 6% chance to cause bleed, plus theres like no uniques that help that except binos right? so now the price will go way up again. there needs to be more nodes that give chance to bleed. or another gem alltogether that is like chance to ignite where its chance to bleed. otherwise no one will use this gem trust me...

really now..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
puncture is a very strong complement for tornado shots with bow chars(as it trivialises A TON of things).

There are(was?) also some very good DoT nodes around shadow(good on the papers but nobody uses those) but still I don't see bleeding usefull atm as melee. Mainly because dps as melee isn't the issue so you'll rather kill faster without dots than having more dps but preventing you from 1shot/2shot stuff. :)
Last edited by galuf on Apr 22, 2015, 11:20:35 AM
The gem looks great! You just need to make your build and playstyle to suit its strengths:)

Flame Surge is similar, you need to ignite the target with a different skill before you get the bonus damage from Flame Surge.

Also Vagan's Bleed on Hit craftable mod could become very strong with Bloodlust if you build for it.
It is nice because as others have said it promotes more than one button spam gameplay. Buuuuut between auras, cwdt, movement skill's, warcrys, and it's looking like everyone is going to have a golem out as sort of a mini aura I don't see us moving away from one button gameplay. Not enough sockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info