Make boss fights reset on TP

Right now boss fights are not at the difficulty they should be, they should be a hefty gear check and make your heart pump...but right now the average boss fight goes like this:

Fight -> Deal 25% of boss's max hp -> run out of flasks -> tp -> rinse and repeat

I have a feeling it's only like this because of engine limitations, but I'd like word from GGG on it. If you guys can fix desync I'm sure you can fix this :P
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
stipen wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I don't even understand how my post implies I'm salty. Salty at what? That the game is too easy?
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Apr 21, 2015, 9:40:37 PM
This is kinda interesting because ive noticed if i run out of pots on a Bandit and port out to refresh it refills his life and makes me do it all over again! So yes im gonna have to agree... should be the same with boss's! It would certainly bring difficulty back to a new level!

Then again if they made it do this on boss's like it does bandits then it would also need to interact that way with Alt-F4 to be fair!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 21, 2015, 9:51:39 PM
+1

Act bosses are way too easy at the moment.
I don't know that I agree. On the one hand it does seem appropriate, on the other sometimes you just need to cheese your way through a boss to progress. It wouldn't be very fun if the only way to get past cruel dominus without lots of extra farming was whatever fotm leveling skill let's you do it while undergeared.
The funny part of the bandit fights is that they close a door on you, yet you can still easily escape to town.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The funny part of the bandit fights is that they close a door on you, yet you can still easily escape to town.

My guess is that they close the door to prevent you pulling them halfway around the zone, or abuse a system that prevented you from doing that.

Also, I'd very much like for bosses to be reset on TP. When I first started playing and discovered I could just do that, it dumbed down the game for me. Bosses haven't been nearly as exciting since.
I like many kinds of games 😊
I'm not sure.
Someone already mentioned Dominus - and I think this is really the only boss I wouldn't like to reset. Without being able to tp out, you'd need a lot more staunching flasks, since they run out rather sooner than later and without them you can hardly win.
But what about parties? Would be rather annoying if one in a party chickened, made a portal and the rest would suddenly face a boss that has full life again.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
youll have to do it on logout too, and game is balanced around instant logout
think about atziri. lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info