Character Name Wipe

I think it is about time. Upon release of the expansion, we need this to happen. There has been abandoned accounts rotting with original character names for over a year.

Lately people have been putting random letters for their new character names simply because they can't find a free name that isn't ridiculous. Whenever I want to start a new character, I have to delete an existing character to steal it's name because I don't want to name it ShockwaveTotemzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please? At least put a timer on the char names that will be wiped so if those accounts are active, they will log in to the char to make sure the name isn't wiped.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
no
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
no

Yes.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
They should just add battletags.

God#123123
Hello, I'd like to trade your shavs for my 235 ex
God#76765
I want 250 ex
God#123123
Nevermind then, I see that God#991122 has one for sale @ 235 ex. Have a nice day.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
Demental wrote:
"
no

Yes.

maybe .....
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Demental wrote:
Whenever I want to start a new character, I have to delete an existing character to steal it's name because I don't want to name it ShockwaveTotemzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have a few suggestions especially for you:

Walzergott
Polkagott
BoogieWoogieGott
Hulagott

:D
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Demental wrote:
"
no

Yes.

maybe .....

No
Maybe:

"
Samantha wrote:
We're looking into recycling character names from unused accounts, so that they're available to other players. The details for this are still being discussed, but I can confirm it will be happening in the future.

from 2013 though, so probably burried right at the bottom of the to-do list. And the keyword being "unused"...

Also, you can email Support and they'll try and contact the owner of a particular name for you to ask if they would free it up. But chances of success aren't that good since a lot of people use throw-away email accounts to sign up for games and they are of course free to say "no".
Last edited by Alysma on Apr 20, 2015, 8:41:45 AM
"
Demental wrote:

I have to delete an existing character to steal it's name because I don't want to name it ShockwaveTotemzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ShockwaveTotems? Really? That reminds me of my brother, many years ago naming his WoW character TaurenHunter. Guess what it was...
ign : mnyga
wouldn't this decrease the diversity of character names?

lol...
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info