the apparent end of spell shotgunning

I was surprised no one made a thread earlier, but I just wanted to say...

I'm glad it's finally happening, and that they'll beta it to work out all the kinks such a huge change would create.

Same thing with burn/prolif.

At first I was a little skeptical/cynical about the A4 beta, but since there's a lot of ambitious balance work planned I gotta admit, I'm starting to feel mildly hyped.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times.

Indeed.
I bolded the part I don't understand. How is that any different from shotgunning? As long as those area's of effect weren't emitted at exactly the same time they can overlap?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I'll celebrate by playing FP without linking it to LMP/GMP, which would be the first time I've done so in four years.
"
"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target. Their area of effect damage can still overlap, dealing damage to the same target multiple times.

Indeed.
I bolded the part I don't understand. How is that any different from shotgunning? As long as those area's of effect weren't emitted at exactly the same time they can overlap?

if projectile has an aoe component, it can overlap. ie, ice shot's area effect will (still) overlap, not the initial arrow
Last edited by grepman on Apr 19, 2015, 11:39:50 PM
and that ends the era of CoCS (well.. few variants of these that is - discharge and arc are still going to upsed the balance as usual)
There you have your PoE 2.0 beta Scrotie.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Indeed.

The easiest example would probably be Fireball. If you shoot a Lesser Multiple Projectile Fireball at a target near you, only 1 of those projectiles will be able to hit the target. The pending explosion can hit other targets.
So, in that same scenario, in order to shotgun, you need 3 monsters near you. This way, when you cast your LMP fireball, you can hit 3 separate targets. The pending explosions might overlap and hit the other targets.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
There you have your PoE 2.0 beta Scrotie.
Not quite, but still much more than I expected, sooner than I expected it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
What else do you need then? :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
What else do you need then? :P
I've got a huge post history of nitpicks, gripes, cautions and suggestions which you can review. But I want to keep this thread positive. For contrast.

Progress is progress.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 20, 2015, 1:22:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info