QoL Suggestion to Lightning Warp / Blink Arrow

Blink Arrow right now requires you to have your mouse position at an exact pixel where there is no stone, no nothing, a single pixel where your character can stand. This sucks, 70% of the time I'm not teleporting and just firing an empty shot. Dps loss, time loss, everything, it blows.

Make it like Lightning warp, make it that if the position you've chosen, is occupied, it teleports you to the closest free position within a 20-30 pixel radius, or whatever configuration Lightning warp is.

I can't believe this has been out for 4 months and nobody has been complaining or fixing it. Requesting Alpha access while I'm at it :P

Edit: Blink Arrow has the same targeting system as warp. I thought they didn't because the difference was obvious to me. But I just realized that everyone who is using warp is unconsciously moving his mouse around while holding down warp.

Once you realize this, you could try to do the same thing with Blink Arrow, but the problem are the empty shots. Every single failed shot extends the time until you have finally found a successful location.

So, first thing I would do is remove the single shot, it's useless anyway.

Second thing, to actually improve both skills, like suggested, add a small radius to the targeting system and if the location is occupied, activate the skill at the closest free location within the radius.
Last edited by Schezza on Apr 20, 2015, 12:22:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
update
the way diablo 2 worked was to aim at the last pathable target in a direct line towards your clicked point. I think this makes more sense, since it preserves the direction of cast and is very easy to grip gameplay wise. IE you teleport into a wall in diablo 2, you teleport UP to the wall and stop at it. This I believe would be the right way to make these movement skills work, rather than searching in a radius or the current "doesn't work at all" baloney

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info