Help a Dual Crit Totem Templar

Hi guys, this is my first real PoE Char and I am having some difficulties with Magic Monster Mods (Herald of the Obelisk most of all) and survivability in general.
I don't really know how to increase my defenses without losing to much damage.

So far I tried Atziri 3 times and failed to get to her every time. (2 times I just got blocked by Heralds and couldnt skip them)
I would greatly appreciate some advice on the build.
Thanks in advance.

Defence (3,1k Hp)
Spoiler

Offence
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Skilltree

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by Naryo on Apr 19, 2015, 3:17:18 PM
Selfbump
It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that you cap all three of your elemental resistances at 75%. Chaos resist you don't need to cap, but it will never hurt.

Path of Exile is not the kind of game where you can forgo defense to get more offense and faceroll content. You are experiencing general survivability difficulties because the majority of your skill tree is damage. You have 108% life, and no other mitigation. A generally acceptable amount of life in a softcore league (in patch 1.3.1) is around 120%, and most of the time you also try to get another form of mitigation such as acrobatics, shield block, evasion, etc. I would strongly recommend you replace your offhand wand with a good shield that has high life and resists, as well as getting maximum life rolls on all your other (non-unique) gear.

The most important thing to know about atziri if you want to kill her is that she is not a dps race fight. You need very little dps to kill her. The atziri fight and the bosses before her are meant to be skill and mechanics checks, so you should (in my opinion) absolutely lose some damage and get more defenses.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Thank you very much for your response. Will do and try again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info