[1.3][HC1M] Projects No Unique Chest Low Life Build

Chaos Damage Demonstration: http://www.twitch.tv/projectpt/c/6562652
More Soon!

Passive Tree: Note, Nothing Special

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Bandits: Oak - Kill - Bridge (I was an idiot and killed all)

Chaos Calculation:
Spoiler
Assume player with 4k health and -25% chaos res (higher then normal chaos res, lower then normal life. At 75% chaos res you take 5x less or 1/5 Chaos damage. This means your effective health pool against chaos damage is 5x your unreserved health. 4000/5 is 800 unreserved and low life is 35% so 800/.35 about 2.3k total health to meet this requirements. But the real power against chaos degen is life regen is effectively multiplied in ratio to a normal players ability to deal with chaos damage

Useful Uniques:
Spoiler

Manditory Uniques:
Spoiler
None

Faq:
Last edited by ProjectPT on Apr 19, 2015, 8:10:47 AM
"
Therapist1 wrote:

4k ES? Please don't pretend this is end-game viable for HC. I know your gear sucks, let us know when you upgrade.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Apr 18, 2015, 6:59:28 PM
"
dime wrote:
"
Therapist1 wrote:

4k ES? Please don't pretend this is end-game viable for HC. I know your gear sucks, let us know when you upgrade.

Stop talking out your ass. His chest has 300 es and 4L, his shield 140 es etc. Its obvious to anyone that this build is completely viable with better gear.

@Therapist1 lots of people talk about builds like this being possible, its nice to see someone go out and actually do it. Now cross your fingers that it doesn't get gutted in act 4 :P
"
dime wrote:
"
Therapist1 wrote:

"Please don't pretend"? no where in that video of his says its end game viable with 4k es. In fact he said it a couple of times its not.

Did u even watch it past 5sec?
"
D_bak wrote:
Did u even watch it past 5sec?

muted it, to be honest.
IGN @dime
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 19, 2015, 5:31:17 AM
"
dime wrote:
"
Therapist1 wrote:

I got 6.5k ES on my LL Max Chaos Res build during Torment. That's with no shield too. If I were to drop my staff for wand/shield I could easily hit 8k ES.
4k ES low? i'd say with a total base ES of 744 + a lvl 16 discipline for a +260 ES (all before passive tree nodes) i'd say its pretty decent to get 4k es off 1004 flat es. And at lvl 66 no less.

I did somewhat the same thing in bloodlines (though prolly with more currency to back it up, 3rd 70+ char in the league at the time) At the time of RIP (blame bleed+stupidity); Lvl 77, 2k hp, 700 unreserved, 6.974 ES with 154% from the passive tree (not counting from int, 388=+62%) which could be pushed to 208% with 9 points - tree is here;
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZEVAti5f0Nbkfx1JTpysdTz1fLR-VIMHzXIqCHhSwiEJMLcHFHdkRD-wYQ1R-r6yYj_pwu_RxjRn313vX8NXZE-ASm6GESElRL2_ZX49GXGvdjKcIw224k52u6-4abOWLKPo26eQiV8mCxySq1aYNfPnoDH0Wb-08EH_60uNqmjvGnhcvPAXhc4KbZOcksJ_f73yiAOw4VdZCo8Bm8B8nL4CkaPKQVeL3AW-LejeDpusspuq6N2Y0Cg==

This is, however with a 630 es chest and 341 es shield along with a lvl 17 discipline along with decent-ish gear, so a decent bit over OP's gearing, but still vast room for endgame improvements.

I do believe non-shavs/lorica builds are endgame viable (not a 78 mapfarmer myself though) and chaos is certainly a much smaller issue than one might think; poison cloud boxes are easily avoided by opening and walking away from it, only real threat i noticed was a bameth voidspawn that with 2 hits chopped 300 of my 700 hp off, which was regened within a sec or two; Do pay in mind i use immortal flesh for the 75 flat life regen (716/75=9.546...% life/s, effectively), so chaos cap is at 70 and not 75, which could mean an effective 16.67% chaos damage reduction without it.

As a sidenode; getting hit by otherworldly mob isn't really an issue; usually they hit my ES for more than my life, so they were reduced to just mobs that occasionally got tanky.

But nonetheless, its lovely to see more people exploring the no-shavs/lorica option.
Last edited by Beejaholic on Apr 18, 2015, 11:38:22 PM
Oh this could be fun going LL. Maybe the next league.
For me whole point of low life is those delicious auras. Now when you don't get Solaris or Shavs that means you're not gonna use many auras as you could before because you will need to leave some portion of your life to not get one shotted down by chaos damage. And on top of that you're gonna have to invest into gear more because you will need to max all elemental resistances and the chaos resistance on top of that. Now Broken Crown is a good way to get some Chaos res, but it has no elemental resistances and not much energy shield.

It just doesn't seem any better than a Solaris build and it seems harder to gear plus you're risking your character. I don't know, at the moment I would prefer a budget LL build instead of getting annoyed by Chaos res and still having low ES and risk of dying.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 19, 2015, 5:31:57 AM
"
rockmassif wrote:
For me whole point of low life is those delicious auras. Now when you don't get Solaris or Shavs that means you're not gonna use many auras as you could before because you will need to leave some portion of your life to not get one shotted down by chaos damage. And on top of that you're gonna have to invest into gear more because you will need to max all elemental resistances and the chaos resistance on top of that. Now Broken Crown is a good way to get some Chaos res, but it has no elemental resistances and not much energy shield.

It just doesn't seem any better than a Solaris build and it seems harder to gear plus you're risking your character. I don't know, at the moment I would prefer a budget LL build instead of getting annoyed by Chaos res and still having low ES and risk of dying.

I agree. It seems like this build is for people who want to go low life, just for the sake of going low life. What i mean by that is that it just does not seem in any way optimal and honestly a CI or Life build would probaly be better at with a lot less invested.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 19, 2015, 5:32:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info