Players should have access to all monster skills

In the game most skills are shared by players and monsters. Lore wize it makes sense : as skills are granted by Virtue Gems and they are available everywhere in the world.

But there are some which players don't have access to. Such as:

- Dominus' Touch of God
- Dominus' Frost Link Totems
- Avian Mortars
- Evangelist's Bubble Shield
- Evangelist's Physical Blast
- Merveil's Ice Storm
- Merveil's Ice Barrage
- and others I can't think of right now.

These skills are all pretty cool.

And given how development time has been spent on them already: why not add them as content for the game?
I am sure everyone would welcome them.
Last edited by Kranyum on Apr 18, 2015, 5:26:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Many of those, like Dominus Touch of God, would be a lot less cool if players could do them too. Bosses without any unique skills don't stand out, they feel bland (eg. Fidelitas).

Plus some things are better as threats than as tools.
I am the opposite. I can't stand when boss skills are given out to players. I want the bosses in the game to have unique abilities that players can't touch.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I understand the "cool" factor of bosses having unique skills.
But I do believe that these are wasted opportunities of gameplay.

How many extra hours of gameplay are there in a potential "Touch of God" build, I think that's worth the loss of the cool factor.

Also, the skills can be made to be less flashy / strong: such as Storm Herald and Ball Lightning
Players definitely shouldn't have access to all monster skills. A lot of monster skills, from what I can tell, come from what the monsters are, not virtue gems.

For example, the avian mortars, as you call them. They're regurgitated corpse. It makes some sense for the Avians to do that since that is how birds feed their young - it's something they do as a function of what they are. It wouldn't make any sense for players to be doing that. Another example is the piles of rubble which roll over players. It's an attack that they have in virtue of what they are. They're a big pile of stones and they roll over you kinda like an avalanche. And it hurts, because it hurts when you get rolled over by a big pile of stones. It wouldn't make much sense for my player character to roll over that pile of stones in return. I mean, I might be wearing armour, but under that armour I'm still just a squishy human, and a squishy human doesn't really have the mass that would be needed to do much damage when rolling over someone. The roll over attack is something that those mobs can do in virtue of what they are, not some skill gem.
"
I am the opposite. I can't stand when boss skills are given out to players. I want the bosses in the game to have unique abilities that players can't touch.

Seconded. "Everything, everywhere" is not good design, it's lack of design.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"

Thirdededed.
Noblesse oblige
"
"
Antnee wrote:
"

Thirdededed.

Fourthedededed.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Players should not have access to the same skills as monsters. They are just too different.

Off Topic: There are already monster only skills in Guild Wars 1, albeit rare. I think one of the first instance of a deadly monster skill was the Mursaat. Those guys are nuts if you try to fight them without protection.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
"
Antnee wrote:

Thirdededed.

Fourthedededed.

Fifthededededed.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info