Vacation reading

Just bought Frostbite's Spider Mafia to read while on vacation. Will update this later as I get into it.
I hope so. I also hope I get spend more of this trip not doing the little extras my aging parents leave for me. Cleaning out a closet, setting up the TV's, writing down the set up step by step. Getting the phone call several hours later that they screwed up the instructions because Dad decided to switch the TV's around right after we left.
Hah! I thought it might've been you. I squeaked a little when I noticed the +1.

I always get really self-conscious when someone buys it, and I always find more silly mistakes that really have no right to be there a year later. The worst part is that although it mostly reads smoothly now, the reviewers I approached almost a year ago have a version with a ton of errors attributable to only proofreading in the middle of the night (and other first effort faults). The mercy of the situation is that once the year is full, most or all will drop it from the review list. At this point I can only hope it'll quietly fade to obscurity until a proper revisit when a sequel becomes relevant.
Long ass day in the car. I may get a few minutes for it, but I am tired. 15 hours in a car tired.
I made through the opening. I say made it because I was very tired and kept skipping words somehow.

I must say you painted a very interesting picture. The way you write the cat as both human (talks, carries a gun) and yet is still a cat is very well done.

More later
I got quite a bit in today. You have drawn me in. Simple as that. The story is exciting and compelling with very interesting little bits that help a story feel real.

-more later-
Finished the book and gave it 5 stars. I thought about giving it 4, but I had to admit that I really enjoyed reading it. Made my vacation even more pleasant.

Writing the review was not easy. I erased much, rewrote it to only erase it again. In the end, I left a simple one, but I know every review helps.
Every review helps! Glad you liked it, makes me feel less like a swindler for asking money for it. :D Seriously though, if you liked this one, you'll love the next. I honestly don't regret going the self-pub route, because the amount of guilt for letting SM free in a condition I'm not perfectly satisfied with has been a huge motivator for the current manuscript. The result shows in that it's much more refined, and waking up in panic over a terrible line is less dramatic when it's still sitting on my hard drive.

But, I guess this also includes the lesson that I might not be a great judge of my own work, given at least six people have enjoyed it. Or maybe I'm too hard on the book itself, given that it's purpose really was nothing more than a quick, action-packed vacation read.
OK guys! Time to support Frostbite! Those of you that enjoy reading should give this a go. It was a fun read and worth the investment.

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Mafia-Ville-Meril%C3%A4inen-ebook/dp/B00I7YVBNG/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Remember to leave a review. Even if its just a star rating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info