SC people that tried HC for the first time.

Died at lvl 78 in HC 1 month. Congealed blood with chaos damage got me. Screw hardcore, I don't have the mindset for it.
Second-class poe gamer
I tried HC for the first time with the 1 month races, and I found that losing my characters didn't bother me as much as I though it would. I made two attempts to get 4/4. The first was a dual SW totem Templar that got to 66 and died in Zana daily. The second was the crit arc Witch with EB/AA/MoM setup that I played in Torment. She died at 78 in a Bog map due to a fast moving swarm of about 30+ mobs (including the boss) that pinned her against a lake. I tried to Lightning Warp to the other side of the lake to get to safety, but it failed. I should have logged out immediately, but it all happened so fast :P

I didn't make any attempts after that because I'm a bit burnt out on leveling characters in the game's current state. However, I'm really looking forward to the freshness that Act 4 will add to the game.

Only played HC seriously one time in POE before this race and that was during last temp league, just to get the bloodlines achievement. That went better than I originaly expected, got to 65 including achevement on first try.

Did 1MHC and got 4/4 on 4th char. Had some luck with finding a 6L bow on my ranger (!) and an Untainted Paradise which made my last char easier.

I will surely do more HC from now on, I liked it and allthough I prefer a more squishy dps-oriented style the thrill and succes from the 1MHC did good.
My main focus will stay SC but HC will be done aswell from now on. I kinda feel HC will never be a complete game for me. Skipping on strongboxes, never even trying some bosses etc just feels somewhat meh. Not my style, I wanna see and try all. but again: HC will be done seriously aswell from now on
"
Phrazz wrote:
I used to play HC in D2 and D3, and enjoyed it a lot more than SC. In PoE, on the other hand, I refuse to play a game mode designed around being able to log out fast enough.

Some people think that HC automatically brings more tension, more planning and more tactics to the table. And by all means, on some level it does - but there are hundreds of players playing like this on soft core, reaching far beyond level 80 without dying (or logging out), as there are in HC.

Wow, I just totally went SC vs HV mode right of the bat.

I specifically mentioned that I don't want any SC vs HC war, especially from people like you that are eager to criticize a mod without bothering to try it first.
I know that my English is far from perfect but I think I was clear enough (?)
I am pretty experienced in POE. I already know that AltF4ing will not help inexperienced players survive in HC.
The question was how many people actually understood that by trying to play in this league.
I would like to see your opinion once you actually try playing HC:P
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Apr 16, 2015, 6:13:46 AM
First time playing HC since nemesis league.
First character ripped at level 24(me being a dumbass opening rare strongbox with freeze/exile).
Second character reached level 80 and got the 4/4(really enjoyed the ride, some scary moments)
Will play hardcore temp again if challenge rewards are good.
Bah Guild Thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1373487
I was a SC player to be honest since I hated losing progression.

Then I let go of my earthly tether and now I just laugh every time one of my characters die.
I openly admit that i'm rather casual and lazy, when i tried HC in Nemesis league it was fun but also frustrating. I liked the thrill that i could lose my character a lot, but there are just too many things that can kill a lazy player like me:

- i often tab out in maps or want to go afk
- trying out how strong my character is and if it's able to face great challenges is fun for me, and that's not really possible in HC because you don't fight until the end (unless you want to lose it all, and i do not want to lose it all)
- i like to play crazy map mods or those Zana mods
- Streams, Skype calls, downloads or music streams are pretty much 100% present when i play, so desync kills me a lot and i don't really want to change any of that behaviour
- KNOWLEDGE and GAMEPLAY. "Caustic" flask as CI killed me for example, and there are tons of those things that kill you when you don't pay attention or do not do your research. I like to try out things, change my build a lot and so on.

Losing 10% experience is hard enough at it is for me. I really love the HC community, the thrill, the challenge - but i'm just not dedicated enough.
Last edited by ahcos on Apr 16, 2015, 6:42:20 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:

I let go of my earthly tether

~Guru Laghima

I'm trying, at the moment. While I do appreciate needing to plan your engagements carefully, the "thrill" of HC doesn't really do anything else very much in other aspects. at least, for me.
I'd rather still stick in a non HC league, but I really want that mtx, so...

Then again, I'm still in Cruel.

And I don't think the perception of "[Removed by Support]" is that widespread. It's just the counterpart of every other derogatory term aimed at standard leagues... Which is (also) voiced out by an annoyingly vocal group of people.

Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 16, 2015, 6:12:03 PM
I tried the HC League to get this sweet armour set

Got my 4/4 on the first try
(i have to admit that i played really really safe)

I enjoyed it to have the thrill
but i always had the feeling to safe my currency for the case that i die instead of investing it into my character

had fun

will stay on SC
way more fun for my playstyle

I played HC on Sacred 2 / Diablo 2 and a few other games, all offline.
Currently playing pillars of eternity on Path of the Damned/Trial of Iron offline.

See the trend :)

I play standard like it's HC though.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info