whicxh class is the best overall in your opinion.

im playing the witch and i feel really really really weak compared to other classes. so what do you think.
"
blackxxwolf3 wrote:
im playing the witch and i feel really really really weak compared to other classes. so what do you think.

Whelp witch is best suited to caster / es / summon / totem /wand builds. You need to play to each characters strengths.

Some class's have more strong early nodes others have more defensives, witch is no slouch though trust me. I would even go as far as to say witch is probably one of the strongest class's due to the nature of range casting being op.
Last edited by stormyknight on Apr 14, 2015, 10:07:04 PM
its not a situation simple enough to just give a best class really, too many variables and matters of taste.

If I was pushed though for the sake of conversation, Ranger. Access to all the strongest forms of defense and offense, not alone in that regard but consistently optimal across so many melee and ranged attack builds both crit and non crit.
Witches can be very powerful, but it'll take you longer to get to life nodes than other classes. This is important because a 5% increased life node is going to benefit you a lot more than a 10% increased energy shield node early on.

I recommend trying to get gear with spell and elemental damage if you're not killing monsters quickly. Scepters and Wands tend to be good for that. There are vendor recipes that can guarantee you beneficial mods, such as +1 to socketed lightning gems on your weapon.

On the other hand, if you're taking a lot of damage, I recommend trying to get more life and elemental resistances on your gear. You can't rely on the tree for life early on, so gear like coral rings, or leather belts can be really handy. Upgrading your items to magic or rare with life mods on them will also make a big difference to your survivability.

Good luck!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Witches can be very powerful, but it'll take you longer to get to life nodes than other classes. This is important because a 5% increased life node is going to benefit you a lot more than a 10% increased energy shield node early on.

I recommend trying to get gear with spell and elemental damage if you're not killing monsters quickly. Scepters and Wands tend to be good for that. There are vendor recipes that can guarantee you beneficial mods, such as +1 to socketed lightning gems on your weapon.

On the other hand, if you're taking a lot of damage, I recommend trying to get more life and elemental resistances on your gear. You can't rely on the tree for life early on, so gear like coral rings, or leather belts can be really handy. Upgrading your items to magic or rare with life mods on them will also make a big difference to your survivability.

Good luck!

thanks ill try to figure out how to do this lol. i appreciate it!!!
Scion.

Has easy access to ES nodes (or life nodes), to templar/marauder regen and to shadow damage/crit
i think scion is easily the weakest class at the moment, the early nodes are just bad and the other classes are easily jumping the 3 wheels of access.

the ranger's life/es nodes are a nice way to jump into the tree for hardcore players, then, getting every life node on the way, get ondars, acro, king of the hill, the shadow life nodes, and scion life wheel. done. crit ts.

the witch is second best cuz of aa/mom builds, and the early es and mana regen nodes become important later on.

probably a bad time to ask that question though because everything is changing soon. but that is all just my opinion and is heavily influenced by flavours of the month, new gems, etc. every class has had a period of being top/one of the top classes for a patch, and in reality each class is only slightly more optimised for any play style. kripp used to run freezing pulse marauder, back when mara had the 2% max all res craziness
Scion is really bad at the beginning, but if you really try to make an "end-game" build she becomes more and more handy because of her nice position in the tree. Easy access to reduced mana reservation, Vaal Pact, Phase Acro, Resolute..alls stuff that are usuable for certain build.

During the first difficult, you dont need much life nodes (in best case 1 wheel) and its much more important to get damage nodes. Witch is simply the best for that.

i.e. https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEALjB6VJsiycdhEQWOTsMjQ6WFXGg9sEBx8C3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPrJg=
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I like shadow best. best caster or best melee (dagger crit).

Witch used to be best caster until her three cast speed nodes got nerfed from 4 to 3. shadows is still 4%.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 15, 2015, 7:22:10 AM
1. Shadow
2. Shadow
3. Shadow
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info