Antnee's Classy Item Filter for Distinguished Exiles - 3.0

"
Antnee wrote:
Adhering as closely as possible to the original look of the game is the prime directive of my design philosophy here.

Why? People don't want vanilla, vanilla is bad. That's why they added filters.

For the "white" items like 6-Link you mentioned changing, might I suggest a dark purple or something, with a contrasting green border?

I gave my chromatic items a dark purple background and I think it looks great, inline with neversink's green/red background rares. If you don't color a chromatic, I find myself wondering "why is this item showing up? oh, it's a chrome" -- at least in my opinion, the goal of the loot filter should be to pick up at least 75% of items shown and without having to strain your eyes reading every item/socket.
IGN @dime
"
dime wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
Adhering as closely as possible to the original look of the game is the prime directive of my design philosophy here.

For the "white" items like 6-Link you mentioned changing, might I suggest a dark purple or something, with a contrasting green border?

I gave my chromatic items a dark purple background and I think it looks great, inline with neversink's green/red background rares. If you don't color a chromatic, I find myself wondering "why is this item showing up? oh, it's a chrome" -- at least in my opinion, the goal of the loot filter should be to pick up at least 75% of items shown and without having to strain your eyes reading every item/socket.

I myself picked this filter exactly because it doesn't have extreme colour highlighting. With the SmartBlock tweaks I tweaked it to the point where I pick up everything I see highlighted which for me was the reason of item filters.
"
dime wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

I can't speak for the devs, but my feeling is that filters were meant to address the severe ergonomic issues that maps can present, not necessarily to simply allow changing the color scheme.

And, on the contrary, most of the people who enjoy this particular filter have messaged me saying that they chose it specifically because it looks like the main game. In being satisfied with how the game looks currently, I may be in a niche. But it's a niche that should be filled... don't you think?

"
dime wrote:

In later iterations, I added the #Gear tags. I find that if you hide all #Gear except what your current char is interested in, then what you describe is what happens. In maps, for example, every single white item that shows up for me is either a chrome item, a 20% quality item, a 6 socket, or a 5/6link.

You're right, if you hide everything except what you intend to pick up, you will never have to ask yourself that question (why is this showing up?). I've given you, the user, the power to very quickly do just that. If your char is all set for gear, and isn't going to be alching random pieces of white armor, try turning #Gear off. #Jewelry too, if you're not the ring-chancing type.

If using the toggles isn't your thing, just hang in there. As I said before, I'll post a few preconfigured versions in the coming weeks, and maybe one of those will be more to your liking. Hondana is working on some really interesting scripts/tools in Python that may be able to generate a custom, preconfigured version of the filter with just a few checkboxes and a click of a button. We'll see how it goes!

In other news, I pushed 1.56, which is a pretty minor update. Hondana has been working hard on some tools to automatically generate parts of the script (the entire #Armor section was generated using a python script he made!) So, I updated the language in that section to use his cleaner language.

I also nixed the background highlighting on 6 socket and 5link items. Instead, the background has been changed to completely opaque black (0 0 0 255) and the font size has also been bumped up, so that it's pretty noticeable in bright environments. (6-links are unchanged, as they are obnoxiously huge, and there's no way you're missing those!)

All I have is a rare 5-link, sorry!

Overall, I think this looks better, and more consistent with the way other items are highlighted.

Edit: also, deleted the three blocks that handled 20%quality magic items, as apparently they have never vendored for a scrap/stone/bauble! The more you know...
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jun 2, 2015, 5:49:27 PM
Good job! I like the new toggles. Your loot filter is better than ever.
How'd I go about hiding specific types of rare items? Like let's say for example all kinds of swords and axes and chest pieces?
"
jooozek wrote:
How'd I go about hiding specific types of rare items? Like let's say for example all kinds of swords and axes and chest pieces?

I didn't include any language that hides rares; if this is something you want to do, you could copy whatever blocks you want from here:

Spoiler

Hide #Gear - Bows
Class Bow
Rarity Rare
SetTextColor 230 230 107 230 #Rare

Hide #Gear - Two Hand - Staves
Class Stave
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Wands
Class Wand
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - Two Hand - Axes
Class "Two Hand Axe"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Axes
Class Axe
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Daggers
Class Dagger
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - Two Hand - Swords
Class "Two Hand Sword"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Swords (Thrusting)
Class Thrusting
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Swords
Class Sword
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - Two Hand - Maces
Class "Two Hand Mace"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Maces
Class Mace
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Claws
Class Claw
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - One Hand - Sceptres
Class Sceptre
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - STR Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Iron Hat" "Reaver Helmet" "Siege Helmet" "Samite Helmet" "Plate Vest" "Copper Plate" "War Plate" "Full Plate" "Arena Plate" "Bronze Plate" "Battle Plate" "Sun Plate" "Golden Plate" "Crusader Plate" "Glorious Plate" "Titan Gauntlet" "Greave" "Barbute" "Gladiator" "Bronze Gauntlet" "Cone" "Burgonet" "Colosseum" "Plated Gauntlet" "Steel Gauntlet" "Majestic" "Iron Gauntlet" "Goliath" "Ancient Gauntlet" "Close" "Tower" "Astral" "Antique Gauntlet" "Chestplate" "Lordly" "Vaal Gauntlet"

Hide #Gear - DEX Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Strapped Leather" "Buckskin Tunic" "Full Leather" "Sun Leather" "Glorious Leather" "Assassin's Garb" "Deerskin" "Shabby" "Stealth" "Hood" "Shagreen Glove" "Cutthroat" "Destiny" "Coronal" "Cap" "Eelskin" "Frontier" "Rawhide Boot" "Shagreen Boot" "Goathide" "Wild" "Pelt" "Nubuck" "Sharkskin" "Rawhide Glove" "Tricorne" "Zodiac" "Buckler" "Thief" "Exquisite" "Slink"

Hide #Gear - INT Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Silken Vest" "Silken Garb" "Silken Wrap" "Cage" "Slipper" "Velvet" "Embroidered" "Satin" "Spirit" "Conjurer" "Samite Glove" "Circlet" "Silk Glove" "Necromancer" "Sorcerer" "Arcanist" "Vestment" "Wool" "Regalia" "Scholar" "Robe"

Hide #Gear - STR/INT Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Soldier Helmet" "Great Helmet" "Crusader Helmet" "Soldier Boot" "Chain Glove" "Mesh" "Riveted" "Coif" "Kite" "Crusader Glove" "Ringmail" "Soldier Glove" "Hauberk" "Chainmail" "Aventail" "Chain Boot" "Legion Boot" "Legion Glove" "Crusader Boot" "Zealot" "Crown"

Hide #Gear - STR/DEX Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Battered Helm" "Lacquered Helmet" "Ironscale" "Scale" "Round" "Serpentscale" "Wyrmscale" "Leatherscale" "Hydrascale" "Bronzescale" "Steelscale" "Fishscale" "Bascinet" "Brigandine" "Dragonscale" "Lamellar" "Sallet" "Secutor" "Fencer"

Hide #Gear - INT/DEX Armor
Rarity Rare
BaseType "Bone Armour" "Lacquered Garb" "Carnal Armour" "Crypt" "Mitt" "Waxed" "Trapper" "Shackled" "Bundle" "Jacket" "Spiked Shield" "Raiment" "Varnished" "Sadist" "Sleek" "Murder" "Mask" "Carnal Boot" "Oiled" "Strapped Boot" "Padded" "Clasped" "Wrapped" "Ambush Boot" "Spike Shield" "Assassin's Boot"

Hide #Gear - STR Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Tower"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - DEX Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Buckler"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - INT Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Spirit"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - STR/INT Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Kite"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - STR/DEX Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Round"
Rarity Rare

Hide #Gear - INT/DEX Armor (Shield)
Class Shield
BaseType "Spike"
Rarity Rare

...and paste them at the top of section 000h. Or, you could just hide all the "bad" stuff, like this:

Hide
Rarity Rare
Itemlevel > 67
DropLevel < 30

(put at top of 000h)

Last edited by Antnee on Jun 3, 2015, 6:51:40 PM
"
Antnee wrote:

Edit: also, deleted the three blocks that handled 20%quality magic items, as apparently they have never vendored for a scrap/stone/bauble! The more you know...

Tested it on live. They count as 20 points of quality for the normal recipe. So they're worth half as much as a white item.
"
DracoArgentum wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

Tested it on live. They count as 20 points of quality for the normal recipe. So they're worth half as much as a white item.

That's... what?

So, if I grab two 20% quality magic flasks, they would vendor for only one Bauble? I wonder why! It seems so friggin weird!

cannot be used with http://bschug.github.io/poedit/poedit.html all the "#explaining stuff" its blocking the script
"
AWDelete wrote:
cannot be used with http://bschug.github.io/poedit/poedit.html all the "#explaining stuff" its blocking the script

Yeah, unfortunately that preview tool is in need of an update. You'll also get errors for things like the volume in PlayAlertSound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info