Still no strongbox freeze fix.... thanks

Don't open rogue boxes if you want to live :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
fix your potato or skip them.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
When a box has "Guarded by a Rogue Exile", it automatically screams "Open me if you want to die.". I'm sorry that with a level 77 character in hardcore it has still been not learnt.

Of course the lag when opening such boxes sucks, but for now it's best to skip them.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
Quantume wrote:
Ripped my 5th char at 77...

Spring maps, easy shit, open a rare box, game freezes 100%, i count 1,2... pop all my flasks since the game still responds and registers stuff even though it won't show anything, I count another 2,3,4... still frozen, I hit alt+f4, the frame on my screen changes, xander blooddrinker on the screen... game closes.

I reboot, and yep, no surprise, WELCOME TO STANDARD.
I thought you fuckign fixed the box rogues preload time?!
Jesus fucking CHRIST I was supposed to have my 4th challenge done two weeks ago and I'm still dying all the fucking time to the most stupid retarded uncalled for bullshit!!

Can't this fuckign piece of shit game just let me get to 80 already without fucking dying to this STUPID FUCKING SHIT?!?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Apr 15, 2015, 8:18:20 AM
"
Quantume wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

use it or lose it. About a week into ambush I realised this gem, cast before you actually pop the box, was now essential for every build in the game. I havent died to a box since. My game locks up when opening an exile box, but it doesnt rly matter because when I pop it Im in the process of warping far away from it. I oepn every single box, never die.

Im not arguing its right that every char has to have warp, bleed flask, blah blah for dealing with things added to the game, but its a reality and if you care about staying alive then you do what you got to do.

I would have still died. My game was frozen for 10 sec while xander was raping me.
They MUST preload the rogue under/off the map the second the box is identified and a rogue spawn is confirmed. Killing people 'cos they can't afford a pro gaming pc is uncalled for. I'm already running on ultra low settings and still choke on 10fps when I'm alone vs 1 monster and cwdt immocall procs.

They could have made this game look twice as good as D2 and let anyone run it on a potato at 60 fps during stress tests, blowing every effect on screen simultaneously, but no, they think they have to pump in 100 billion effect polygons into every fucking tiny effect. Everyone knows this, everyone is complaining about it, but they won't fix it.

Wow, dude. I am running on a 5 year old pc with a 700$ budget and I can get stable 60fps in most situations when playing solo. Looks like your PC is really ancient or just not maintained properly, it has nothing to do with having a "pro gaming pc". This isn't BF3 or GTA5, so don't blame the developers just because your pc is bad.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
I run on a regular HDD and exile boxes do load an extra second. But since the change how packs are loaded, I haven't had any major issues with boxes.

If exile boxes would cause me long freezes, I'd stay away from them in HC. It's not a 'solution', but that's sadly the reality of PoE...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
I run on a regular HDD and exile boxes do load an extra second. But since the change how packs are loaded, I haven't had any major issues with boxes.

If exile boxes would cause me long freezes, I'd stay away from them in HC. It's not a 'solution', but that's sadly the reality of PoE...

I don't think HDD or SSD make a very big difference on strongboxes, but bad memory certainly seems to do so. Memtest gave me lots of error on my old sticks, and the game sometimes took so long to load I actually had to alt+f4 to avoid getting cybrixed.
"
Quantume wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

use it or lose it. About a week into ambush I realised this gem, cast before you actually pop the box, was now essential for every build in the game. I havent died to a box since. My game locks up when opening an exile box, but it doesnt rly matter because when I pop it Im in the process of warping far away from it. I oepn every single box, never die.

Im not arguing its right that every char has to have warp, bleed flask, blah blah for dealing with things added to the game, but its a reality and if you care about staying alive then you do what you got to do.

I would have still died. My game was frozen for 10 sec while xander was [Removed by Support]me.
They MUST preload the rogue under/off the map the second the box is identified and a rogue spawn is confirmed. Killing people 'cos they can't afford a pro gaming pc is uncalled for. I'm already running on ultra low settings and still choke on 10fps when I'm alone vs 1 monster and cwdt immocall procs.

They could have made this game look twice as good as D2 and let anyone run it on a potato at 60 fps during stress tests, blowing every effect on screen simultaneously, but no, they think they have to pump in 100 billion effect polygons into every fucking tiny effect. Everyone knows this, everyone is complaining about it, but they won't fix it.

I agree 10.000%
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 23, 2015, 7:51:32 PM
You agree 10%?
"
rinleezwins wrote:
You agree 10%?

10k :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info