Saints Bloodseeker Duel Strike / RT/. Tank

Good Day Ladies and Gents. This is your Ole Buddy the UnknownSaint.

First of all I would like to say that I am not the greatest writer in the world. So in stating that please forgive any typos and literary mishaps within this post. Also, This is my Every first post so I'm not Shure how to link items to the post, so I am typing everything out.

This Build Can be started from the Duelist or Marauder as well. Take your pick.

I guess I will start out with the passive tree. There are 2 links here to poebuilder and to pathofexile passive skill tree. Take your pick there both the same.
My build on passive tree is based on Physical Damage, Life, Evasion, Duel Wielding, Physical Damage with Claws, Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons.

The Bloodseeker Hellion's Paw:
3% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
107% Increased Physical Damage
Adds 10-12 Physical Damage
5%increased Attack Speed
6% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched As Life
5% Increased Movement Speed
Life Leech Form Hits With This Weapon Applies Instantly

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAvYGZKxXsuR3KkITZZU29Nkd-Y3BgQb6nV5cLwVO7v9VDMbBzwYshYNP8CVjbp3gNvooB3O8OUEfkUXZ_nld-4HuMhMS18qluNZLyRf4K2L2mVzrhTeP-jzGeKk19W1FMrEe32WEGqTRLCsM6ykqSgJoXapXQCWXxu3whAyLqm7XrFOjWbIxirLTFwuwFtW9XRfRkr4o4Ff3WB4_BSxyNgT8nSshuqnzZ9zJyqcT2PC1nm64-d-PEFTXvgUE67cgU9W9qjBa_D6tTNaLZsNjtQbGzOBumf2HiJpW1SLIZMgGbJs96xq63Pigql3mLT5tq

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAvYGZKxXsuR3KkITZZU29Nkd-Y3BgQb6nV5cLwVO7v9VDMbBzwYshYNP8CVjbp3gNvooB3O8OUEfkUXZ_nld-4HuMhMS18qluNZLyRf4K2L2mVzrhTeP-jzGeKk19W1FMrEe32WEGqTRLCsM6ykqSgJoXapXQCWXxu3whAyLqm7XrFOjWbIxirLTFwuwFtW9XRfRkr4o4Ff3WB4_BSxyNgT8nSshuqnzZ9zJyqcT2PC1nm64-d-PEFTXvgUE67cgU9W9qjBa_D6tTNaLZsNjtQbGzOBumf2HiJpW1SLIZMgGbJs96xq63Pigql3mLT5tq

Pros:
1. Very Tanky :) with the Bloodseekers you gain life with your attacks and it applies instantly.
2. Duel Claws = Duel Wielding = Dual Strike!! 2 time the amount of Leech!!
3. A lot of melee gems work with this build cause they do physical damage (Red and Green Gems)
4. Claw builds can be underestimated. They do massive amounts of damage without having to crit.
5. Not a Crit Build. Reflect immune. With the Leech the Bloodseekers you gain life as fast as you lose it.
6. Resolute Technique = Your hits cant be evaded. Meaning you hit your target more. Better Survivability.

Cons.
1. Chose your path wisely on my tree based on your skills you use. The Bloodseeker's are not able to be used till your Level 62, plus you need 131 DEX and 95 INT.
Although you can use any rare claw till you reach this. There are 2 kinds of claws. Ones that give you life on hit and ones that leech.
Just make Shure you get your INT on some of your gear till you get the nodes on the tree. You can use the Al Dhih Timeworn Claw for a while (suggesting).
2. Not a Crit Build!!. of corse this is a Claw build its not based on crit. If you want to do Crit find a Buzzsaw build or use daggers instead.

Bandits:
Normal - Oak more health
Cruel - Oak more physical damage
Mercy - Frenzy Kraityn, Endurance Oak, or Passive
get Frenzy if you are going to use Flicker for this build.
I went with all Oak
you do not need Alira cause this is not a crit build

This Tree is made if you chose to kill all. If you choose the bandits respect the Revenge of the Hunted passives.

Gear:
Really it's up to you.
I can suggest some gear for you.

Main Focus:
Life, Resists, Evasion, Damage leech or on hit(or both hehehe), and anything that Increases Physical Attack Damage. IIR/IIQ

Belt - 2 choices you can ware Wurms until you can put on Doryani's.
Wurm's Molt Leather Belt = more physical attack damaged leeched as life plus 30 Intelligence or more for your Claws to be worn.
Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt = Increased Physical Damage, Resists, 1% Physical Damage Leeched as Life, Flasks Grant reduced enemy stun threshold during effect.

Any gear that adds resists and maybe if you want item rarity and quantity for farming.
IF you go for item rarity gear try to get your rarity up at least 200% or better and 60% on Quantity or more.
Sweet spot for item rarity is 420 and Quantity is 69. hehe no joke.

Boots - Sin Trek Stealth Boots = for the INT, Evasion, and the Enemies cannot Leech Life from you.

Armor - Belly of the Beast Full Wyrmscale always makes a great chest peace, but really your choice on this.

Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet - Physical Attack Damage leech, + all Attributes, Resists, Extra gore. (Fail - Reduced Maximum Life, make this up in your other gear if at all possible!)

Rings - Look for Resists, Maximum Life, Physical Attack Damage, INT (only to make up what is needed to ware the claws or if you plan on using discharge for defense, but that is with the cast when damage taken gem)
also can include life regin if you want or IIR/IIQ

My Gem Setup:

Armor:
Blood Magic - Duel Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash,
5 link add Melee Physical Damage
6 link add Life Leach, Life gain on hit, or Melee Damage on Full Life.

You don't have to use blood magic if you don't want to but it does save more manna for auras.

Auras:
Reduced Manna - Herald of Ash, Vitality, Purity of Fire, Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste

Curses:

IF you chose Flicker Strike on this as your gem, use Blood rage to get your charges and Poachers Mark Curse
suggested setup for that would be Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Poachers Mark
If you do that you may want to make some changes how you chose to the passive tree to get the frenzy charges.
But, As I said before this is based on Duel Strike.

Assassins Mark is not needed this is not a crit build plus you actually have to kill the target to grant life and manna.
Temporal Chains slows the mobs down good to use on those fast moving mobs.

I use:

Vulnerability is nice cause the target takes more physical damage increasing your leech intake.

Warlord's Mark Endurance charges make you tankier, and when you hit the target you get life and manna. You Don't have to Kill them to Gain like Assassins Mark.

Defense:

I like to use:
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Discharge
Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Blood Magic
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Blood Magic

Enduring cry is for the Charges so Discharge will work.

Alternate setup:
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Immortal Call
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Ethereal Knives - Discharge
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Desecrate (don't use with necros)
Cast When Damage Taken - Ethereal Knives - Chain - Arc
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molten Shell

This Cast When Damage Taken only works with spell gems not attack gems, but is a very effective defense gem.
Try out multiple ways of this. There are many possible setups.

Vengeance is the only gem you can use in my build for counter attack due to your duel wielding and you don't carry a shield.
Vengeance - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Blood Magic

Movement:

Whirling Blades - Reduced Duration - Faster Attacks

A Cool Gem Setup - Attack Gem of your choice, Cast on Melee Kill - Enduring cry - Discharge. yes it works, but when using this setup with Cast When Damaged taken will go off more. Or you can use Both. Its just one of my favorite setups. But not end game viable. Its just for fun while farming.

Please reply to my post. I gladly take any advice on how to make my next one better to read.
Last edited by TheUnkownSaint on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:47 AM
I forgot to Add This Build can also be started from the MARDER and the DUELEST part of the Passive Tree
BANDITS
Oak
Oak
Passive
or Kraityn if you use flicker for the frenzy
or Oak if you want another endurance charge for more tankiness
"
Also, This is my Every first post so im not shure how to link items to the post, so i am typing everything out.

While writing a message just click on the character portrait in the upper left. The inventory panel will then open. Click on the items you want to link from the inventory or stash. Close the inventory when finished. The links to the items will be copied to your post automatically.

"

I use:
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Disharge

Alternate setup:
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Immortal Call
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Ethereal Knives - Discharge
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Desecrate (dont use with necros)
Cast When Damage Taken - Ethereal Knives - Chain - Arc

Linking spells like Discharge/EK/Arc to CwDT on a melee build makes no sense. Without any support, no passives taken in the tree that increase spell damage and the less penalty from CwDT the damage is negligible. It is a waste of sockets. You'ld rather use increased duration instead of discharge in your first setup to increase the duration of molten shell's additional armour (or go with the classic EC-IC setup).

BTW you should use 100-105 points when planning a tree. 120 points is a bit unrealistic especially when you only have 118 points max at your disposal because you helped the bandits two times.
Thanks for the reply to post yes, I agree with you use molten shell and increased duration. I was Just stating that you can do those into other builds as well using a cast when damage taken setup for defense. Also I Use discharge with enduring cry because it still does damage back to the target like a reflect would.

Cast When Damage Taken/Enduring cry/Immortal Call/Molten Shell

The tree is made for getting all passives and killing all bandits yes.

Although you can Just respect from the life circle life points, the damage is what really matters. The Bloodseeker Claws will keep you alive. Plus, you can use a Manna Leach you have the Dex for it, Get some rings that have 2% Manna gain from physical damage dealt, Or just use Blood Magic.

Cast When Damage Taken/ Enduring Cry/ Discharge/ Blood Magic.
Cast When Damage Taken/ Molten Shell/ Increased Duration/ Blood Magic

Experiment with these. Chose what best suits your play stile.
You need more life if you want this build to be tanky. I made a quick change to help.
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAvYGZKxXsuR3KkITZZU29Nkd-Y3BgQb6neA2-igHc7w5QR-RRdn-eV37ge4yExLXyqW41kvJF_grYvaZXOuFN4_6PMZ4qTX1bUUysR8M6ykqbtesU6NZsjGKstMVvV0X0ZK-KOBX91gePwUscjYE_J0rIbqp82fcycqnE9jwtZ5uuPnfjxBXIFPVvaowWv6LZsNjtQbGzpn9h4iaVtUjGrrc-KCqXeYtPm2pVS52qbWw2PYMJb57A40tX8bMyCXJsbEZfPxQgIurndA==
A few things:

1. You only need one Bloodseeker, not 2.

If the claw is equipped in the main hand all the leech from Dual Strike will apply instantly. So I would recommend using a rare claw in the offhand.

2. I would recommend running Hatred + Herald of Ash and drop vitality and PoF.

Your resists should be maxed from your gear already and if the leech makes you as tanky as it should you won't need a little extra regen.

3. In order to actually do reasonable damage with claws, you do need to go crit. I'm not sure what you consider insane damage but the top tooltip dualstrike DPS for a bloodseeker build w/ RT was about 33K.

A crit build (like my own) has more DPS than that without any auras or charges.
Anyways, I would recommend using the url linkers so that people can click on your links instead of copy + paste. I didn't look at your tree at all because of this.

If you want more info about dual claw builds there's a fair number of people (like myself and ninedeadeyes) that know a lot about them.

Cheers

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Apr 18, 2015, 2:50:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info