GGG, don't favour streamers for CBT access.

"
Synicale wrote:
Did I ever say I didn't understand that?

100k isn't a lot. Anyone who streams regularly can hit that much. I mean, even 1 mil is too low but Chris picked that number so Ziggy could get in.

Strong conspiracy theory.
Latest FAQ post by Chris cleared a lot of questions (as expected). I'm happy with the way closed beta is being handled.

I support the idea to get active and popular streamers into beta because it will help those that will not get invited to sate that thirst for information. Streamers are often also very knowledgeable and dedicated players, which will be able to dump huge amount of hours into playing. Last but not least, these streamers are doing great service to PoE, GGG and the community by promoting the game and bringing in fresh players.

It is shame that so much poison and bile is spouted in these discussions. These threads enforce the feeling that PoE has some of the most self-entitled population in current gaming.

If I get access to the beta, great! I will dump 100+ hours into it over 6 or 8 weeks for sure by playing new characters I never get to do in live game. If I do not get the key, I will watch some videos, farm standard game, do dailies to get last few masters to lvl8 or simply take a break fro PoE to clear backlog of other games I have (for example Bloodborne, Last of Us Remastered and EA Victor Vran).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to play Act 4 sooner or later.
"
Pewzor wrote:

Judging by ZiggyD's popularity in PoE which is pretty damn high, I think 1 million views limit is just ridiculous... I doubt many other PoE streamers can match ziggy's number...

There are a few other PoE streamers that get more views than Ziggy. Nugi is at 8 millions (that's 4 times Ziggy's), Willywonka is at 3.5, Etup is at 3 millions, Krippi (Kripp's friend playing PoE) is at 2.7, and I'm probably missing a few more. There are a few others that are at 1+ million views (Helmann, Havoc, etc.). I don't know for what reason it should be downed to 100k.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Apr 13, 2015, 9:07:20 AM
stop being jealous of people who got something
"
I will dump 100+ hours

700 - 800 here..... My life is POE.
Neat.

At least some of the best players in POE are able to stream the closed beta now :)
"
Synicale wrote:
"
I will dump 100+ hours

700 - 800 here..... My life is POE.

My job takes anywhere between 160 to 240 hours a month. You intend to spend between 100 to 120 hours just playing PoE. Go figure :)

I'm a casual by all means but I enjoy PoE. Chris said in his FAQ post that GGG is looking for all kind of testers because all feedback is valuable for them.

I would do my best to contribute to the testing if I'm selected. If I'm not selected, it will not be end of the world. I will enjoy Act 4 when it is released.

Nothing more, nothing less.
A lot of dumb post being thrown around in here.

1: A closed beta test is always best if the testers are eager, and ready to TEST and not just play (as we all know a lot of people wants to do). High knowledge about the game and a lot of spare time should be a factor.

2: Payed closed beta? Well, does it ensure a qualitative test? Not at all. We will of course get a lot of "Wow, lol, dude, beta play, rofl, I get early access, sweeeet"-people, just wanting to play the game before anyone else.

3: Randomness ensures totally different views on different matters, resulting in an objectivity.

So, a GOOD closed bate test is a mix between one and three. In addition, they should add in some streamers to get some publicity. We are all served by that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

1: A closed beta test is always best if the testers are eager, and ready to TEST and not just play (as we all know a lot of people wants to do). High knowledge about the game and a lot of spare time should be a factor.

2: Payed closed beta? Well, does it ensure a qualitative test? Not at all. We will of course get a lot of "Wow, lol, dude, beta play, rofl, I get early access, sweeeet"-people, just wanting to play the game before anyone else.

3: Randomness ensures totally different views on different matters, resulting in an objectivity.

So, a GOOD closed bate test is a mix between one and three. In addition, they should add in some streamers to get some publicity. We are all served by that.

Knowledge of the game is not always a factor. Sure some testers need to know how to play but others can be more casual about it. GGG doesnt need only those who rush to act 4 and then maps in a day, they also need those who take their time.
"
"
Phrazz wrote:

Knowledge of the game is not always a factor. Sure some testers need to know how to play but others can be more casual about it. GGG doesnt need only those who rush to act 4 and then maps in a day, they also need those who take their time.

Did you miss point 3?

He covered it quite well.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info