90's Kids vs. 90's Music

Doesnt look close to half. Unless you are counting every black guy as a rapper or every black girl who does a cameo as a rapper.

but whatevs, 10 years ago it was all hiphop/rap now it is more dance music with a hip hop cameo that lasts 30 seconds. all of the atlanta urban stations are switching formats. right now it is old school rap stations 3 have already flipped. getting to be a niche genre now. take a while though
A lot of that stuff doesn't feel like rap to me - but I am still firmly ensconced in the glory days of early Rap/HH :(

There are some decent lyricists floating around now, but now its a lot more dance floor and radio focused than underground club and emerging radio focused.

I even miss the old school rivalry - they used to fucking shoot each other, now they tweet shit about each others t-shirts.

EDIT: I know I am living in the past, but fuck it - thats where my good memories are, leave me alone :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 24, 2015, 8:33:21 PM
eh? I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. I stand by my opinion that rap's influence is all over that chart.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
eh? I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. I stand by my opinion that rap's influence is all over that chart.

Oh, shit, I won't argue influence either - a lot of really cool stuff from rap has become integral to new music.

I'm just saying there isn't a lot of pure rap on the charts, a lot of these genres have become pretty overlapped. Thats not a bad thing actually, some great shit comes out of it.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

"
"
TheWretch wrote:

Oh, shit, I won't argue influence either - a lot of really cool stuff from rap has become integral to new music.

I'm just saying there isn't a lot of pure rap on the charts, a lot of these genres have become pretty overlapped. Thats not a bad thing actually, some great shit comes out of it.

Absolutely. I never said otherwise. I just thought Fire kid's rap has no more influence comment kinda funny.
Yeah my fault, my reading comprehension is balls at the moment. I fucked my shoulder and am basically riding a wave of painkillers until the end of the week (or when I run out, whichever comes sooner).

"
TheWretch wrote:

Absolutely. I never said otherwise. I just thought Fire kid's rap has no more influence comment kinda funny.

no reason to get aggressive about it. the influence is greatly diminished if there at all. R+B has more influence. Rap is not R+B. But if you want to argue that people still care, by god go for it off topic is just a bunch of opinions.
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

no reason to get aggressive about it. the influence is greatly diminished if there at all. R+B has more influence. Rap is not R+B. But if you want to argue that people still care, by god go for it off topic is just a bunch of opinions.

Not aggressive, you know me better than that. That statement is complete bullshit though imho
I was already in university when half of these songs were out.

Fuck my life..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
"
Moonyu wrote:
The 70's weren't so bad. The 80's seemed like a steaming pile of pop music until Grunge hit the scene and rescued music for me.

But remember when Oasis was suppose to be the next coming of the Beetles?

Spoiler
Sorry, I meant beatles.

I experimented without drugs and ended up in Disco town.

The results were not pleasant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info