90's Kids vs. 90's Music

'As a 90s kid...'

Born in December 10, 1999

This made me laugh. And rage.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
the 90s was hard to beat in the world of music but the tv was absolutely horrible outside of seinfeld, twin peaks... and some snl actors. music is in a really good place right now though. The best since the 90s imho.

edit: I just realized there were some other good shows. Northern Exposure was legend, X Files had some really bright spots among others. I take it back. Not great, but not horrible.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Apr 23, 2015, 1:23:29 PM
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
How about some tacky shit?

Jesus Jones?
Sugar Ray?
Everclear?
Butthole Surfers?
Reel Big Fish?
Spin Doctors?
Bare Naked Ladies?
The Eels?
Powderfinger?
Spiderbait?

Holy shit, its like an early nineties TripleJ hottest 100 mix tape.

Chumbawumba?
Republica?
The Verve Pipe?
The Verve?
Presidents of the USA?
Denis Leary singing I'm an Asshole?
West Coast Rap All Stars?
Crash Test Dummies?

And my pesonal favourtie -

Ini Kamoze!

EDIT: Shit, I forgot about Snow. I guess I was being a mis-Informer bfgufqeufgqgigqeifgiugfiueawaheyo, I lick your boom boom down?

Yeah, we all did things we regret. I'm not even going to mention what I used to listen to in the 70s and 80s.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 23, 2015, 7:56:07 PM
The 70's weren't so bad. The 80's seemed like a steaming pile of pop music until Grunge hit the scene and rescued music for me.

But remember when Oasis was suppose to be the next coming of the Beetles?

Spoiler
Sorry, I meant beatles.
90s had some great dance music too not just grunge. House influence for the everlasting win

Snap
Technotronic
Salt n Pepa
Corona
C + C

and even Ace of Base had some fun ones. Of lot of the new stuff coming out today is 90s house throwback.

Lest us not forget shoegaze - Stereolab and My Bloody Valentine makes everything that came after sound like muck.

I like music through all ages though. 2000s were rough but like I said, good stuff right now.
^ Quite true :)

I still enjoy my Hackers soundtrack
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
From John Coltrane's Giant steps in 1960, all the way to Van Halen II in 1979, That's as good as it gets musically. In the 80's even when the music was good(which was rare), the awfull snare drum and the synths kills it. The 90's had some good stuff, in both jazz and rock, but it also had the worst pop music ever created(bubblegum). Oh yeah, Dream theater and Tool as well. In late 00s and current day, i do enjoy the "vintage lust" in musical style and production that many artists embrace, but i have not heard anything too remarkable.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
^ Imho, top 40 pop music today has gone back to rock's early roots. Simple ballads or a song just laying out a particular dance for the kids. Like doin 'The Bird'. Nothing heady just good fun. Hip hop is decreasing in popularity outside of cameos which is good just to it getting so stale.

I like the 80s. It laid the groundwork for the following 20 years of music in EDM/pop and alternative rock. Some classic punk albums came out of the 80s and I cant think of a decade where music infected culture as much as it did then outside of the 60s. Obviously hip hop/rap was a huge influence from then until now. the 90s was awesome for music but I feel the 80s was much more influential - for better or worse.

good stuff.
"
^ Imho, top 40 pop music today has gone back to rock's early roots. Simple ballads or a song just laying out a particular dance for the kids. Like doin 'The Bird'. Nothing heady just good fun. Hip hop is decreasing in popularity outside of cameos which is good just to it getting so stale.

I like the 80s. It laid the groundwork for the following 20 years of music in EDM/pop and alternative rock. Some classic punk albums came out of the 80s and I cant think of a decade where music infected culture as much as it did then outside of the 60s. Obviously hip hop/rap was a huge influence from then until now. the 90s was awesome for music but I feel the 80s was much more influential - for better or worse.

good stuff.

So rap has no more influence? Where do you live fire kid?

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

Looks like half of those are rap to me.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info